1. Find someone you can talk to and trust. I highly recommend speaking to a school guidance counselor or family doctor and then move up to a psychologist. Confide in family or friends who you can seriously trust, talk to, and someone you can call when things are bad. <br />
2. Figure out what triggers the urge to self-harm. PLan for those triggers, and then force yourself through those plans. Get away from anything that tempts you. Put your mind on something else. Anything. Walks, phone calls, play with a pet, whatever.<br />
3. Check out this site and others like it: http://helpguide.org/mental/self_injury.htm <br />
4. Realize that self harm is not a choice, it's a symptom of larger issues such as depression and the fact you're seeking help right now is excellent and will help you recover that much faster. You're not mentally ill or crazy and everyone has had to struggle with their own demons. Don't feel isolated or alone, there are people who love you who can help, and lots and lots of support networks out there for you to find. EP is full of people you can talk to and confide in. However family, friends, and professional help are the most important things in the world right now.

Best Answer

thank you so much I am going to see a therapist in a week or so I think and just reading your message reminded me to not give in and just to wait for a chance to feel better, thank you it means so much to me. c':

Best Answer

:) I'm glad! Best of luck with the therapist. Again, the fact you know there's an issue and you're working immediately to correct says a lot about how strong you are. You can does it!

Best Answer

Just respect your body like you would respect anyone else. If you believe in God then think about how he is in you and you wouldn't want to hurt him. There's always other options

Best Answer

thank you so much

Best Answer

I used to self-mutilate as a teen, before anyone knew what a cutter was. I found that writing poetry and fiction helped give me another outlet for my pain. You just have to find a means of expressing the angst inside. It might take time but it's so worth it.

Best Answer

thank you I'm gonna go draw to get my mind off of things. c:

Best Answer