I mean it's not like I am trying to convert anyone, I just don't think that using biblical scripture and religiously based arguments to block gay marriage should even be allowed in court. It's not factual, it's historically inaccurate, and it redefines marriage nearly every 22 pages. Plus half of the books contradict each other. If a forensic test contradicted itself it wouldn't be used as evidence for a crime, so why is a book that does it nearly every three pages allowed to be used in a legal defense of blocking gay marriage or forcing others to teach creationism? I don't hate god, I just want him out of my laws.
GnatFree GnatFree 26-30, F 118 Answers Aug 17, 2012 in Hobbies

Hell no......I rather admire Atheists......they do their 'homework' and can back up all the stuff they believe in.........I'm against organized religion, but could never be an Atheist............but more power to you.......Esp. when it comes to the things you mention........we have to remember that we are NOT a nation under God, we are a nation under a CONSTITUTION..........but try explaining that to people!!

So while I'm not one, I have no objections to your being one!!

Best Answer

So, tell me. How will the past Civilizations thrive w/out an organized religion? Do you have any idea of even the basics & annals of how you would the Ancients organize and establish a government? Removing Organized Religion is also a Tantamount of removing leadership, Order. Just look at Somalia as a reference. C'mon, are you serious?? Even Sid Meiers Nerds knows about this.

Best Answer

You do realize that Somalia IS religious right?

Best Answer

Just because we used to need religion doesn't mean we still do.

Best Answer

maybe not all & to that i agree BUT lets not get rid of it all :(

Best Answer

I hear ya! If we were to get rid of all the religiously based laws within the US, our law books would be about half as thick. What the hell happened to separation of church and state?

Best Answer

Double standards.

Best Answer

Nah. Beliefs don't make people evil. People just use them to mask their evil deeds. So if you're good, you're good. If you're bad, you're bad.

Best Answer

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg.

Best Answer

Nope, lets go get tacos.

Best Answer

Just makes you different than me. Different isn't evil.

Best Answer

No, what you believe is your business. I agree that the Bible shouldn't have any bearing on gay marriage. Afterall, the Bible was written by people (mostly men who undoubtedly were homophobic). Written by people to control people.

Best Answer

no of course not people are free to believe or not believe in what they want too

Best Answer

I'd be a hypocrite if I condemned you for that! I was just like that till a couple of years ago. I wore a cool Atheist t-shirt with a preying mantis with his arms folded. Now I'm no longer Atheist but also still not religious. And I'm still against all the wrong done in the name of religion. I believe glbti should have the same parenting and marraige rights as anyone. All people are equal in the eyes of God. God doesn't have a chosen people. All religions have truth and mistruth in them. And I don't thinks it's evil to not believe, or evil tobe religious. Evil is when you hurt other people in ways that damage their souls.

Best Answer

I'm fine as long as you don't try to convert me

Best Answer

No it does not. I believe in God. But I also believe people should have the freedom to believe what they want to believe.

Best Answer

Believe what you want, but if you can't back up your beliefs in a court of law with real evidence, then your position has no right to be made into law.

Best Answer

I am not against your beliefs. I just choose to believe different that is all. We all can respect each other and agree to disagree on our beliefs. I respect you very much.

Best Answer

I'm not attacking you. I'm stating that laws are based on facts and consequences. Not anecdotes and parables.

Best Answer

I know you are not attacking. We have different beliefs is all. It is all good with me. I have respect for everyone.

Best Answer

I wish some of your fellow christians felt the same. Some of them are downright nasty.

Best Answer

not nasty :( lol just down right strong headed :( lol
god bless there souls :) lol

Best Answer

Keep fighting the good fight.

Best Answer

you do realize you just quoted the bible right?

Best Answer

"A wizard is never late nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to." The Bible is not the only book with good quotes.

Best Answer

Also the bible never uses that phrase, the actual text is "Fight the good fight of faith" So in essence it's completely different than what she said.

Best Answer

She didn't exactly quote the Bible, but even if she did, so what? Just because the Bible doesn't accurately describe reality doesn't mean every sentence in it is worthless.

Best Answer

I never said that, all I said was it's not a bible quote. Where did I say the bible was worthless?

Best Answer

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.” Iron Code that Druss is taught by Shadak

Best Answer

if we had separation between C & S .... the could call it Progress instead of Congress.....welcome to EP I like your attitude

Best Answer

Welcome? I've been here since 2010.

Best Answer

The religionists who hide behind the Bible for their opposition to gay marriage have it all wrong. Railing against gay marriage isn't Christian. Don't blame our Faith for what others do to pervert it. You aren't evil, you need to think about things a little more. OK?

A union of a gay couples is not only acceptable, it's necessary for them to gain the rights other committed couples have. Make it legal--AND moral it is right to do so.

Here comes the BUT

Don't call it "marriage".

There is no Biblical or religious basis for the arguement I'm about to give.

THe important aspect of marriage is it's sociological connotation. Marriage is the building block of society. It provides an opposite sex committed couple the means to produce and raise children in a safe and nurturiing environment with the best hope for a positive result. It means committment hard work and enduring trials and tribulations.

Yes! There are many gay couples who are superb parents and non-gays who are lousy. THe point is that thew propagation of the species is in the hands of non-gays. The question of do as you wish reproduction and serial monogamy etc are another matter. Oujr society is too lax at the present with these criminals--they are you know.

So please gay couples. conjoin in love and unity. You have the right

Just don't call it marriage

Best Answer

this is an abomination...

Best Answer

You know that same argument was used when blacks wanted to marry, and then in the 60s when interracial couples wanted to get married, right? Cuz that argument holds about as much water as a sieve.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Awesome vid.

Best Answer

Well, for one thing, this isn't really about making you evil, your real question is why do we block gay marriage. However you did ask the question so I will answer you:

It doesn't make you immoral, it just makes it illogical. If you give up special creation you're left with evolution which is about survival and any method you use to reproduce is what's right. All humans become nothing more than chemistry, a cosmic mistake. That means nobody matters and everybody is worthless. That said, if I were to torture someone, it doesn't matter, and it's OK. There is no basis to condemn it other than your personal preference.

What I mean is, there's no way to prove, say, torturing a baby, is wrong. It's really your preference against mine. Likewise, your preference for gay marriage is the same as a theistic preference against gay marriage. There's no reason why theism shouldn't be in the law books because those too are chemical creations.

Now, there's no way to prove that morality exists in a godless universe because of this: if morality does exists, then there must be a transcendental moral law giver. That would force God back into the paradigm. You're left with God, again.

So, atheism is amoral, and if tries to claim morality, self-contradicts, to claim that there is anything wrong with anything becomes very difficult.

So, why should your preferences triumph the theists? Why are your preferences special and the theists not? Why is it wrong to deny the homosexual his or her marriage?

Best Answer

Not to mention homosexuality, oral sex, anal sex, necrophilia, corprophilia, and ************ are observed in just about every species. Yet it hasn't doomed the animal kingdom to extinction, probably because gays only make up about ten percent of the population. I really fail to see how one person in ten not reproducing is going to doom humanity. Not to mention your waxing poetic about torturing a baby is just stupid. Want ultimate morality without god? "Don't do anything to anyone that you're not comfortable with being done to you." Fairly simple and covers everything possible but doesn't bring up eternal reward or punishment. What's the matter? You need a bribe to be a good person? Hypocrites like you make me sick.

Best Answer

No,you're not evil.Just dont push anything on me and we're good.

Best Answer

No, it doesn't make you evil. Just means your foundation is of a different substance. And, personally, I can accept that.

Best Answer

anyone one going against God(Higher Power) your evil.

Best Answer

Then hail satan and bugger off.

Best Answer

God doesn't need me to defend Him.

Best Answer

not unless you push your beliefs on me. jk LOL

Best Answer

same goes for you.

Best Answer

Religion in the past was forced upon people, and many were killed if they went against the church. Many wars were fought over religion too.

Best Answer

thinks both of you women are a lil on the nutty side :) lol

Best Answer

i think everyone should be able to believe what ever they want.

Best Answer

Believe what they want yes, but facts are facts. If it's not a fact it shouldn't be part of a law.

Best Answer

You'd have to be careful about what you call fact; science is merely things that 'fit' into the picture we have drawn that have been observed and agreed upon.
That being said, I see no reason to limit the union of two people to the opposite sex... Especially nowadays that marriage has financial and legal benefits as well, it isn't fair (or really justifiable).

Best Answer

Fine, the fact of the matter is that there are no negative outcomes of having gay parents or allowing gays to marry. Other countries have done it and they seem perfectly fine with the decision.

Best Answer

Of course, I live in one!
Assuming you live in the States, I don't envy you. :(

Best Answer

Yes I live in AmeriKKKa. The only world power that's never had a woman prime minister/Prez (IF I recall rightly).

Best Answer

To it just means that you really don't understand the love God has for you, some of the most evil and despicable people in world history have done things in what they mistakenly thought was God's will, but Christian came to earth lowered Himself to that of a human being and died on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for all mankind for all of history, I know many atheists cannot accept God because they see Him as the author of rules and regulations and they don't see Him as the one who has perfect love for us, and all He wants is for you to accept the fact that His son Jesus Christ died for all of your sins, don't look to the history of the "church" it is made up of sinful man (even when we accept Christ we are still sinners we won't be perfect until the last trump 1stCor 15) look instead to God and His Son Jesus Christ, who loves you with a perfect love, once you do that you'll see the world in a different light.

Best Answer