My step dad well my moms bf always yells and they have been together for 8 years and now he is taking it out on me he won't stop yelling at me if we are in the same room it started a couple days ago that he was mad at nothing and today he started to yell at me in my face I'm 13 and I was wondering if I can call child service my mom isn't here she is at her friends and told me to stay in my room
123kristen 123kristen 13-15, F 14 Answers Oct 28, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Hard to make a good answer on this small snip it of information you told us, but yelling is not a crime. Verbal abuse has to be proven. Even if CPS did anything (as a medically certified foster parent I doubt they would based just on this), the family of the removed child has to have their day in court where proof of serious abuse would have to be proven. If it was not , you likely would be returned to the home.

Sorry

Best Answer

umm I would talk to a trusted adult, like a teacher, counsellor, or some one you can 9trust. Or if you feel in absalute danger, call 911, and wait, this is an adult concern any your mother should leave no child in mortal danger.

Best Answer

yes you can ! call the authorities and tell them you're afraid that he may hurt you. and what the hell kind of mother leaves her daughter at home with a step father that she's afraid of ? your mother shouldn't be going to her friends and leaving you there alone with him !!

Best Answer

thanks for best answer :)

Best Answer

For yelling? What do you want the authorities to do? Remove you from your mother's house? There must be more to this than yelling if you are afraid.

Best Answer

That is what I was going to say.

Best Answer

If you are afraid for your well being you need to call somebody.

Best Answer

and if we asked your step dad?.. would he say your a selfish cow?... if your accusations are crap. your mum will hate you..

Best Answer

Yelling isn't a crime.

Best Answer