wahy wahy 31-35, F 7 Answers Oct 3, 2009

As long as you weren't fired for insubordination or theft, you should be able to get assistance.

Best Answer

To receive unemployment benefits, well it depends in what state you live in. Some states are more harder on people who were fired, and some states, dont care, and will give it to you. However, each case is different. It varies case to case and thats in any state. You can always appeal it if they deny it. I know because i use to work for edd. is hard to say. However, theres another option, which is receiving social services for mean while. For instance, food stamps, and cash aid. You can also receive unemployment benefits and receive cash and food assistance from social services. Hope you you dont get fired and be able to keep it. Good luck hun

Best Answer

You should be able to as long as you didn't do anything illegal. I was fired from a job also. I really did my best and they told me after just 3 weeks of being there that I wasn't a good fit for their office. I found out later one of the nurses had a friend who wanted my job. So I got fired. I am waiting for a telephone interview with the Employment Commission right now it's not scheduled until October 16th. Depending on where you live if you are in the US then you may have a delay in recieving your money like I am. They are making me wait six weeks for a telephone interview with myself and my last employer that let me go to determine why I was fired. I still have to make the job contacts each week but until that is resolved I get no money. I can't believe they sheduled it so far away.

Best Answer

if it was an honest mistake, yes. you should qualify for unemployment. if you did something illegal, you're probably on your own.

Best Answer

You can apply for uneployment and if you go into the unemployment office they'll be able to tell you what other assistance you can get

Best Answer

It should be that way in a civilized society. I don't know about the law of your country.

Best Answer

in canada if you are fired because of misconduct on your part you will not be granted assistance... as long as there is no misconduct you can get EI or Employment Insurance benefits. if you cant get EI in canada you can get social assistance ... its way less money but you get medical and optical coverage.

Best Answer