First of all, people in India value the FAMILY. In U.S. people only care about themselves and don't try to work out their problems. They watch too much TV, that says divorsing each other is OK

Best Answer

I agree!

Best Answer

Women in India are less likely to file for divorce for the fact that they are looked down on they almost never remarry and there would most likely be no way to support themselves..

Best Answer

From what I have met of Indian men. they are considerate and very thoughtful. I mean one guy worked with my husband. and his wife was a teacher from his home land. <br />
he was over on work trip. <br />
He brought my husband breakfast every morning. he tells him how to eat healthier. and sort of bossy in a nice way. The guy my husband and I took him out on the town one night this guy paid for dinner for the both of us. and almost got in a fight with my husband and I for paying for the movie. They won't let women do anything with money and most of the time they are treated like a queen. So i know some people think no rights. your being praised by the men in your life Why would they want to file for a divorce! ?<br />
Maybe our men could learn something!

Best Answer

I agree!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Religion, simple as that...

Best Answer

Don't quote me on this, but I think women in India have less protection and rights under the law. Even if they stay married longer I doubt they're all happy, kind of like in the U.S., where a lot of women are treated badly even with more protection under the law.

Best Answer

it goes against nature for humans to mate for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Arranged marriages?

Best Answer

Pain of death for divorcees? Cultural chastising?

Best Answer

when in marriage they probably try to work through and fix their problems instead of giving up so fast.....unlike some americans who cant even go an whole 3 months *ahem* kim kardashian....

Best Answer

I have to agree!! I have met happily married indian couples. They do try harder and don't give up fast. Lawlz on kim Kardashian. :D

Best Answer

It means that people in the US aren't working hard enough at realtionships. It also means divorce has become an overly accepted social norm. In India, my guess is people try harder to work at their differences. Maybe divorce still has a negative stigma to it. I can't say for sure though, I don't live there.

Best Answer