GrumpyMe GrumpyMe 22-25, F 6 Answers Jan 4 in Movies & TV

Intentions are irrelevant. First because you can never truly know another person's thoughts, but also because it doesn't affect the harm done. If you kill people in an attempt to do something good we still don't want you to do it again.

Best Answer

In his twisted mind, Hitler was doing what he believed was best for the German people. If you ask me, I'd rather that we stick to the system of judging actions and consequences of those actions instead, regardless of the intentions that were behind them.

Best Answer

I forgive like I forgave u. :)

Best Answer

Aww Amy is so sweet, like always.

Best Answer

Motive is a component of guilt... but so is action and both are taken into account.

Best Answer

What about if a person has a symptoms that makes them blurted out vulgar/hateful words in public but they have no control over if. Why would others judge? It's not their intention to cause disruptions.

Best Answer

What if there was a disruption caused? An idea broken in half, severed in mid-communication? A parent not wising for a child to see someone else's pain? What choice is there but to acknowledge that reality has been altered? Intention and effect are not the same and so should be taken together, I think. Good intention does not negate harm, in my perception.

Best Answer

Still I think it's unfair for those people who has no control. To be labeled a freak in public is something no one should ever experience. It's painful enough to not being able to follow the basic social norms, but to receive harsh stares and criticism. It's like giving them a sentence to live in secluded place and never go out in public.

Best Answer

I'd say: Life is pain. Life is unfair... have compassion for the weak and the vulnerable and the unlucky but be weary to imagine their pain "unjust" because there is no justice. The idea of justice only serves to make one weak to those that live without such an illusion. Some live without it and have compassion, some live without it and do not. That choice is yours but if you believe in justice you will suffer each time you see injustice and your ability to feel compassion will also be weakened, I think.

Best Answer

people always uphold everyone else to higher standards then they would hold themselves up to; it's easy to judge, it's easy to guess what someone else's intentions are. What's harder to do, is to let other people live their lives and you live yours, and be accountable for yours, while letting others deal with what they need to. people hold onto bad feelings towards someone else, to keep themselves from facing the one person they are at war with: themselves.

Best Answer