Josie06 Josie06 56-60, F 66 Answers Feb 12, 2012

because apparently the goal in life is be stronger or more manly if you will. Anytime a man wants to be the slightest bit feminine hes seen as being weaker and thus rejected by the majority.

Best Answer

I do crossdress and I consider myself feminine. If someone wants to call me weaker that's their problem. As far as I'm concerned it takes a man to be comfortable in what he wears even if he is considered weaker. Womens jeans are more comfortable and skirts are cooler in the summer.

Best Answer

Such an interesting question. Social custom describes how we make ourselves appear. Even before I dressed for the first time, I wanted pretty hair. Try to find a special hair style for a guy - there just aren't any. But a girl can get a buzz and nothing is thought about it. To get the hair I wanted, I went to salons and liked all that they offered. Now I am full time femme. In my mind, however, I am an individual with pretty clothes, pretty hair, boobies and a few male parts too. Maybe my social customs are just different?

Best Answer

because there is a double standard, women can have it both ways but a man cant

Best Answer

Yep. Big time double standard and I'm really sick of it. Clothes are clothes. I have skirts made of cotton...same cotton as Mr Macho's gym shorts. I have heels made of leather...same as his sneakers. Womens clothes are shaped differently, and are definitely more comfortable. Another thing that really irks me is that most women COMPLAIN CONSTANTLY about their clothes and shoes and all they have to do. I'll be happy to wear what they don't wear if only society would accept it. Women don't want to dress as women anymore, and men aren't allowed. Were it not for crossdressers, I think the womens clothing factories would be out of business.

Best Answer

I'm happy wearing womens clothing even if it's not acceptable. The material IS the same. I'm more comfortable with it and those in the majority thinking their macho thoughts, get over it.

Best Answer

You are right-on about the factories that manufacture women's clothing. I believe it is the same discrimination that women faced when they wanted to wear pants and dress as men, that they now use against the members of the male sex that would like to wear skirts, dresses, and many of the other garments that women use to wear.

Best Answer

The reason it is more common for women to wear pants now days is because back in the 60's they rebelled against societies rules against it, claiming that they were sick and tired of being told how to dress by men. Men were opposed to letting women wear pants claiming that pants were a man's garment. Women went to court and fought for the right to wear pants anywhere and anytime. I find it highly upsetting that the very same women who now days enjoy the freedom to wear pants get upset when a man expresses his desire to wear a dress or skirt, or some pretty undies. You can even find women's panties that mimic the male y-front briefs, women also can wear men's boxer shorts (underwear) openly in public and no one dares say anything. I'm also tired of people who want to call a man "gay" or "homosexual" just because he likes to wear a skirt or dress.

I have heard many women use the argument that men should not wear dresses, skirts, or any other form of women's clothing because we look like clowns when we do so. They also argue that women can wear any form of men's clothing because women still look good when they do so. I agree...women do look better in virtually anything they wear than a man does. I saw a female clerk in JC Penney one time that was wearing a masculine style suit and jacket, with a neck-tie and hat. She absolutely rocked it. I also watched "America's got talent" one time where all the performers, male and female, were wearing matching suites (jackets, pants, ties, & hat), and the females absolutely looked better than the males did. To be honest, I would have been embarrassed to stand alongside the women because they looked so much better than the males did in their own clothing. Women could wear a whiskey barrel and look better than a man does.
I would like to ask the women who use the argument that they can wear anything simply because they look better in it than we males do, just exactly then, what should us males wear. If you rule out dresses and skirts, then you also have to rule out pants, and whiskey barrels too. The only reason men look like clowns is because the skirts and dresses most often do not fit. I've seen pictures of men who really look hot in a dress or skirt when the clothing fits and they have had makeup applied professionally or by someone who's goal is not to make them look like a clown. Another reason so many women feel that men look like clowns when wearing a skirt or dress is simply because they are not accustomed to seeing a man dressed that way. Many women who have accepted their husbands desire to cross-dress and allow him to do so regularly, do not find it strange or feel he looks like a clown when dressed. In fact many of them actually take part in picking out his clothes because they like how he looks when wearing a dress or skirt. Some even find it very exciting when he wears his dress or skirt, or possibly even a pretty nightgown to bed. I think there would be more women feel the same if they would simply give it a try.

I've noticed that the vast majority of marriages seem to break up due to the battle for power and control within the marriage. I believe that the majority of marriages break up because the woman wants to either have more power, which usually means "the power" in the marriage. If they would only wake up and smell the roses. If they would simply insist that their man wear clothing that has historically been considered feminine (dresses, skirts, etc.) they would discover that their man would soon loose interest in being the dominant partner and become the submissive partner in the marriage, thus allowing the woman to have her cake and eat it too.

Best Answer

For every Tomboy in the world there is an equal and opposite number of sissies...it's just that its taboo to admit this as fact or for most males to admit this to themselves. The fact that these closeted sissies are unwilling or unable to outwardly portray what their inner selves know they are, does not change or diminish the fact that there are an equal number of sissies to tomboys, if not even more sissies than tomboys. Additionally, no one should ever be judged by externals, or perception....heck, no one should ever be judged period.

Best Answer

Because society accepts women wearing pants and men's shirts. Technically it is crossdressing, but accepted. When a man wears woman's clothes he is seen as odd, sort of acting out a fantasy. It can be upsetting in public for some people. I really don't know why. I believe everyone should feel free enough to present themselves in anyway they feel comfortable.

Best Answer

Yeah, there is something sexualised about a man wanting to wear women's clothes, whereas pants are just practical wear for either sex. I'm allowed to wear trousers but I doubt I'd attend a wedding in a morning suit and top hat

Best Answer

My mother died last weekend and I didn't attend her funeral in my black dress either, though I did watch her burial from a distance

Best Answer

well, it's more like women's clothes are generally sexualized. they do have some looser practical type of clothing, but the vast mayority is worn tight and revealing to be seen as sexy. i think that's why it's so taboo. men aren't supposed to be considered 'desirable' showing 'some skin'.

Best Answer

I believe they quickly call it a fetish. You can take a woman that has several hundred pairs of shoes, and it is called a fetish...and that's ok, but if a man has a fetish for some item of clothing...he's sick and needs help. Another double standard.

Best Answer

Might I ask why it is considered "sexualized" for a man to wear a woman's garment? Is it because he possibly becomes aroused when putting it on? Do women ever become aroused when getting dressed up and putting on something pretty? Women get away with becoming aroused because it doesn't show, so they can easily deny that they do become aroused.
I'm a man and I don't always become aroused when I put on a dress or a skirt. I simply enjoy wearing something that is pretty and comfortable to wear.

Best Answer

Back in the 50-60's before women wearing pants became completely acceptable, I remember hearing women who were really honest about it, that they experienced sexual arousal when putting on pants, as it gave them a sense of power that only men got to have. So yes before pants became a common part of women's wardrobes, I have no doubt that women would possibly experience sexual arousal when putting on pants.

Best Answer

AND....if I do become aroused, it is because I feel pretty and sexy (even if I'm not).

Best Answer

No, women do not become aroused as a result of getting dressed. Women feel pleased when they know they look good in something and are likely to be admired, same as men; whereas men in women's clothing are likely to invite ridicule and revulsion. It may not be fair but it makes some people very angry and suspicious. I suppose it's because a man seen in public in female attire is perceived as parading 'deviant' sexuality for kicks, and the wish to do so is not understandable and therefore dangerous

Best Answer

A man can wear woman's clothes if he wants there's no law and there is nothing preventing anyone I mean there just clothes?!?!!

Best Answer

If they are straight.... the majority would want a man... not a feminine type who likes to imitate women.<br />
=================================================<br />
This is a typical what I call a double standard ***** woman. She dresses in blue jeans and a guys shirt and yet has the gall to to say she wants a manly type man, yet she isn't woman enough to look like a woman. Maybe she is a man want a be. Women's lib has really f--k up this country, women wants all of the privileges that men have but none of the responsibilities. Then they get bent out of shape if a man invades their territory. Women are so two faced, or could it be, they aren't woman enough to handle a real man who can dress as a female.

Best Answer

was great until the last sentence, wtf?

Best Answer

how true

Best Answer

I agree with it all but last sentence .

Best Answer

I only crossdress within the confines of my house.Men who go out in public wearing makeup looking like a bunch of very ugly looking circus clown freaks make me sick to my stomach !!!! Self-hating men outnumber self-hating women.That is one of the reasons why there are all of these anti-male laws ! I do not have to give myself one of those stupid idiotic female names on experience project.I am very proud to look & act like a real man !!!!

Best Answer

"I agree with the "looking like freaks" comment. It's my observation that cross dressing is men wearing women's clothes, but CD with full make-up etc. is female impersonation. Nothing wrong with that, but don't do it unless you can do a good job of it.

Best Answer

I agree man I like the feel of women clothes when I wear them but dont feel the need to have a female name or dress full out and try to pass for a women I am a man and like being a man

Best Answer

What anti-male laws would those be, nylonslipmaniac?

Best Answer

Like it or not you as men have female chromozones. We're stuck with it. We're the ones that determine the gender of a baby. Don't like it? Become a doctor and change it. I won't be going to you.

Best Answer

I think we are sweet on the fairer sex and let them get away with it !!!

Best Answer

It is because what women look like is their way of advertising their attractiveness to men. Men's methods of attracting mates is overall less visual and more behavioural

Best Answer

Interesting! I had never thought of that. You make a great point!

Best Answer

We MUST keep trying never give up. Have fun.

Best Answer

Technically...it is! Society accepte women in men's clothes though!?! DUH! Let a man be seen in high heels and a skirt and of to jail he goes. Not fair!!!!!

Best Answer

off to jail for wearing womens clothes?

Best Answer

Actually, it is cross-dressing when a woman wears proper men's clothes, not just clothes that are men's style but really made for women. But it's so hard to tell the difference without undressing the woman (no bra, whitey tighties, shirts that button on the wrong side) that nobody pays any attention.

Best Answer

I usually wear men style women clothes for the fit. People usually can't tell but i can tell personally becauseof it's fit. I like it. I feel like it's me

Best Answer

cause wmen can still pull off a pair o jeans. Men cant strut the skirt..sorry

Best Answer

I disagree some people think so but remember women's liberation not many. Years ago!!!!!! Women didn't wear jeans before that in the early 70's.

Best Answer

I was alive in the 1950s, and some women wore jeans back then. By 1965 or so, the typical woman was wearing jeans in the college classroom. By 1970, most instructors under 50 wore jeans while teaching.

Best Answer

Some women wore jeans in the 1950's and maybe even a little before that.

Best Answer

I disagree

Best Answer

haven't heard it like this before, love the question, and I'll say there is no difference in the two. I like women to dress like women...ect.......ericx

Best Answer

I agree 100 percent which is still a society thing. You do see nowadays women for some odd reason like to wear what society considers as males clothing like pants. As far as I am concerned whatever you are comfortable in you should wear and there really should never be a label on any article of clothing that say pants are just for men, and a skirt is just for women. I believe the clothing one wears male or female is whatever you feel comfortable in. I did an experiment with myself as a male to see if I am right, I put on panty hose a tight pencil skirt and a girdle, I was really amazed how great I felt, it was not what I thought it was, which brought me again to the conclusion clothing is clothing and there really should never be a label on what you are comfortable in.

Best Answer

men ussualy dont look good in womans clotheing , the ones thet do ussualy get away with it <br />
also i agree with who sayed the goal to is to be manly or tough in life not fragile

Best Answer

Hey JoeBone I'd like to hear you say that at the highland games mate I bet you,d get a good arse whipping there for saying that you arsehole.

Best Answer

I don't know. Ask a Scotsman.

Best Answer

It is, but they call it butch if she's gay or tomboy if she's straight.

Best Answer