SmartSweet1 SmartSweet1 51-55, F 20 Answers Nov 25, 2012 in Romance & True Love

"it is" (the second part) is an attempt to short circuit the desc<x>ription without platitudes, judgement errors, flowery desc<x>riptors, sugar coatings, and the like. For instance, the pure devastation of Hurricane Katrina could have been described a thousand ways, but just saying "it is what it is" pretty summed it up as opposed to getting into statistics, blame, causes, or remorse. After seeing a close friend die a long slow death from Alzheimers, we just had to say "it is what it is" -- no words could lessen the impact of the death or make it any better. It was what it is -- a f**king horrible disease, a tragedy that robbed the man of all his faculties such that had he been aware, he would have chosen another road to death.

Best Answer

acceptance...that some things just are, the result of which cannot be altered

Best Answer

Omg ...I hate this statement....yea...I want to know...WHAT THE FRAKK IS IT THEN???...ok sorry for my moment of insanity...carry on...

Best Answer

Something that I have no way of explaning. ;)

Best Answer

The passage of time.

Best Answer

Right, now you got it.

Best Answer

If you have 23 odds and ends laying on a table and 22 of them fall off what are you left with? An odd or and end?

Best Answer

You can't change the facts. <br />
Things are as they appear to be.<br />
Do the best you can with what you've got.<br />
"It" generally referring to whatever situation it is people are talking about.

Best Answer

I never cared for that saying.

Best Answer

That means, accept the current reality...nothing you can do to change it anyway!

Best Answer

Invariably the opposite of the other.

Best Answer

Is it what is it?

Best Answer

ask former President Clinton what "is" is . . . he seems to have a good grasp of what is means.

Best Answer

it ... you know, the quintessential existence of itself ... the it that it is is it

Best Answer

It.

Best Answer

IT.

Best Answer