I'm a little lost with this Q.<br />
Why do you think it's "work" to be happy? In my experience, I've been quite happy without doing anything at all. Some of the very happiest times I've had have been when i'm just sitting under a tree or lying in the sun. Or when someone else loved me in some way. I have been happy when at work, but that is the work that seems the least like "work", if you get what I mean. <br />
I think that trying to be happy is an odd sort of thing. Seems to me that you can try to think positive but that happiness comes when you are pursuing something else...or not pursuing anything at all. Just feeling a bit of peace.

Best Answer

Don't bother with trying to be happy, use your energy in educating yourself or doing good for others. In my opinion being happy is a byproduct. Doing something for others or trying to learn and experience enriches your life, and being happy could very well be a byproduct of that :)

Best Answer

i used to feel this way also. i educated myself, i jumped through the hoops. now ive been taking care of people for a while. its bittersweet. and if you've ever taken care of a lot of people you would know why. plus i was always told if you dont take care of yourself you wont be healthy or stable enough to help others.

Best Answer

Being happy is not something you DO...it is something you ARE.<br />
Depression sucks, I know as much as anyone, but you cannot force yourself to paste on a grin.<br />
It will never last...<br />
Better to address the root cause and defeat it so you can BE happy.

Best Answer

"Happiness" is ba<x>sed upon what actually happens! "Pure Joy" is from God, and ONLY from GOD!! ONLY God can give it or take it away!

Best Answer

If there is one thing my mom taught me that I never will forget it is that "HAPPINESS IS FOUND WITHIN YOURSELF". I know, it's easier said than done, but only when you can turn your back on other people's opinion of you will you be truly happy. Remember that people who belittle others do so out of their own insecurities.Say to yourself that those belittling comments make no difference to the person you are and what you are able to accomplish. You must also truly believe that.. You will then see that your fears will dissappear without you even working at it. You see, your fears stem from your worries about what people think and say. If you realise that you are on this earth for yourself and not for them you will stop fearing their opinion and so overcome your other fears and find happiness at the same time.

Best Answer

isnt happness found with in ?

Best Answer

Something happened yesterday which made you the happiest you can remember; until today, and today finds you feeling sad. Only you know what changed, but it’s something that (for whatever reason) has hit you hard. Happiness is *not^ a constant for the many, I assure you, and (for me) I don’t expect to be constantly happy. But if you hold onto something from yesterday which made you so very happy which isn’t still with you today, then (maybe) it was a temporary state of happiness and you should consider it as such.<br />
Life holds its ups and its downs; life is enjoying those times we are very happy *and* those times we are feeling sad. It’s also those moments that we have that are very rare, where we are happier than most times and when the day is over we are left to reflect. It might be better to reflect on the happy memory than considering that the way you feel today isn’t worth the happiness that you had yesterday. After all is said and done, we each live one day at a time.<br />
~F~

Best Answer

you bothered to be happy because it sustains you. if you're never happy then you'll just wither away. i've been through situations like this. at least i can say it happened, i was happy at that moment, and thats it. i cant do anything else. so much in life is driven on what we have to do vs. what we want. but even though you wont experience that exact same moment again, there might be others in the future that will make you happy as well. its not impossible you know

Best Answer

All that is just thought. Thoughts about thoughts, all of it just another way we torture ourselves without even knowing we are doing it. Dont feel alone, it is just a side effect of being human. <br />
You can make peace with thoughts like that. <br />
How do you know being happy is hard work? Were you working hard at being happy yesterday? How much thought and effort are you putting into being miserable right now? I am going to go out on a limb and guess that yesterday's happiness was truly effortless, whereas all the misery right now is taking up a whole lot of effort. What do you think?

Best Answer

the happiness yesterday was because I felt like I actually accomploished something. For once I didn't have someone calling me an idiot or putting me down. I over came a small fear that made me better at what I was doing and I was actually have fun. The misery right now is that I fear I will never feel like that again, plus people kind of crushed my spirit today by belittling it

Best Answer

Email me if you want some advice. Hang in there.

Best Answer

So true.

Best Answer