Ive often wondered this and am totally confused by it.
Blondevixon Blondevixon 31-35, F 77 Answers Mar 19, 2010

I have know a number of lesbians in my life and one particular "Butch" lesbian has told me that the reason for your question is generally because they like to be adored and the 'BUTCH' lesbian, actually does love the female form...she told me that caressing and touching the skin of the "femme" is the most erotic feeling in the world to the "butch'. <br />
The Femme has a need to be taken care of, the Butch provides the Authority type figure in the relationship. The love-making is all woman... no harshness or premature ***********, or anything male. just the softness of a woman's touch on the softness of a woman's body... anyway, that is how it was explained to me...

Best Answer

Where do you get "the majority go for other butch lesbians?" I've been a lesbian my whole life and butches dating butches is the exception, not the norm. But, as to why some butches like other butches, the answer is simple. It's because that's who they're attracted to. All people, straight, gay and otherwise, usually have "types" they're attracted to. I happen to be VERY feminine and I am attracted to more masculine women because I like the yin to my yang. I find them sexy and, for the most part, full of honor, chivalry and integrity. But make no mistake. They ARE women. Men don't own "masculine traits." There are also plenty of straight women who are "tom boys" and they have men attracted to them. It's a preference thing. Both physically and emotionally.

Best Answer

My gay lady-friend is not butch but she definitely prefers to be the provider, the consoler, the dyke in shining armor. She has those "masculine" traits of honor and integrity... one of the reasons I like her so much.

I counseled her against being the knight though, from personal experience it almost always turns out badly.

Funny that she wants to be the passenger not the driver though.

Best Answer

One of my questions is why is it considered hot for girls to make out with each other but nobody likes guys making out with each other? Wtf.

Best Answer

I have pondered this question myself which is why i am here right now. It's socially acceptable for a woman to be with another woman. Women are OK with it even if they don't participate and men love it. Butt..nobody has anything good to say about a man with man aside of the guys who are with each other. Wierd..i'm not gay. I can't be with a man but watching women together turns me on?

Best Answer

Uh, no, that isn't true. I'm a female and I love watching two men together

Best Answer

I don't like watching men or women together.

Best Answer

me too

Best Answer

I would venture a guess to say it's a combination of numbers, current societal values, and exposure. I would guess the vast majority of straight men find it potentially sexy to see two attractive women together (and of course there are lesbians and some straight women), however the number of straight women/men and gay men that like watching two men together is much lower. Then you factor in current societal values (unfortunately the male figure isn't viewed as nearly as sexy as a woman's, for both men and women on average), and exposure (ie that men tend to be more open to expressing their views of attraction to seeing multiple women together, than women are to express seeing multiple men together). This all adds up to why it's such a lopsided ordeal. (I'm a straight man by the way, and I fit into the typical categories that my group does for this specific subject.)

Best Answer

Oh and fyi on the main subject. I find "butch" women (I really hate that term, but I guess there's no better), feminine women (extreme make-up) and average women sexy. However I find average to be the sexiest! ;) It's because they tend to be less extremist in their beliefs of gender, they like me can be both strong and/or tender, depending on the situation. So can butch and feminine men/women, however they tend to be a bit more pigeon-holed.

Best Answer

It's called a double standard. Also, the female body is beautiful. Guys are just guys. There's nothing remotely attractive about any of us.

Best Answer

Don't be stupid.

Best Answer

but women are still women, take me for example, I am a lesbian, but maybe I dont want my girlfriend to be all gentle and wear dresses all the time and constantly talk about shopping and shoes and have her whole bedroom in the color pink. A butch lesbian still has a vagina, still has breasts, still thinks like a woman and has the emotions of a woman, but is just on the more masculine side. I'm sure you've seen older straight women in their 40's and 50's who have super short hair and wear ill fitting jeans and hiking boots and no bra, who are married to men. Straight men like women, but tons of them marry that older woman I just mentioned all the time. Those men probably want a woman who relates to them more and can do what he does involving the car, hunting, remodeling the house, ect. It all depends on the individual. (btw I am a girly girl)

Best Answer

How many lesbians do you know who actually fit that silly stereotype? I can't say I've ever met one.

Best Answer

1- many lesbian dont fall in this category<br />
2- im a straight guy. I like tomboyish women... Does that mean i like men? Nope...last time i checked tomboys are women, have vagina, boobs femalebody and femininity...while men have penis, masculinity etc....<br />
Its ll about what attracts you

Best Answer

Absolutely!

Best Answer

Someone attracted to the same sex is exactly like someone attracted to the opposite sex. Everyone has preferences and it's never a good idea to generalize.

Best Answer

Butch lesbians aren't males. I don't understand why people make such a big deal about that..there can be a tomboy walking down the halls, completely straight and guys still like her, why? Because she's a girl. <br />
It's the same with girls. I'm a lesbian and both me and my girlfriend are as feminine as women can get. Plus, I see many lesbian couples where they're both butch as well. So please don't say the " majority " because that is stuff you see on TV. Not all lesbians are like that.

Best Answer

a rarity, MOST of the femmes i see do portray the male side, i was a tomgirl (you said tomboy) growing up and i am as feminine as all get out. i wanted to do what my big brothers did but i did not want to dress like them. The majority of lesbian couples i see, one portrays the male. But then the course of nature as GOD created them are male and female. Regardless, if you believe in a Higher Power or not there is one and GOD calls it un-natural. read Romans 1: 26-27

Best Answer

Stop getting so defensive. It is a good question not one of you have answered. I just went to my first lesbian gathering and everyone was ugly and butch and I could not understand why they say they fancy women when not one of the 200 people had any resemblance to a woman. I am both ways inclined but a cute woman is what I would be interested in. So just answer the question.

Best Answer

right..I'm a dude and love women..i don't do men and they don't do me. I just think that women who are frustrated with men turn to strong woman to fill the part. i know a few lesbian couples and one always plays the male part. Dresses like man.. works like a man in some cases. The male lesbian so to speak always calls the shots. Quite unlike the traditional man woman relationship where decisions are made together. I guess it's a submissive thing. some people like to be told what to do..how and when. that's fine with me sexually as a man. I don't mind roll playing and letting a woman take control but i also like to switch it up and be the boss myself at times.

Best Answer

I love all the expert straight people giving their opinions on what lesbians are attracted to. I mean really, are you guys that stupid? It has to do with attraction. It's that simple.

Best Answer

Simple, it is all about personal preference, does it really matter. I myself am a gay man and I am a fairly butch guy and I like blokey masculine guys who are the same.

Best Answer

There is a real gay agenda to normalize this behavior. im.hearing a lot of textbook tones fron that movement. The reason some women go for butch lesbians is because somewhere in their social development a deviated or abnormal attraction was established with a woman. Attraction to the same sex is sometimes mistaken for when in our human experience we have contact with someone. Maybe a boy or a father emotional scars a teen. Another teen of the same sex provides comfort, a hug is spontaneously follwed up with a kiss. The teen likes it, it feels good. they are confused, they think they are gay because they are not supposed to like it. yet they fail to realize our bodies are meant to be stimulated. The problem is that people assign orientation on many false premises whether or not its right or wrong to pursue these feelings and attractions depends on where your moral or religious compass points you. The fem women is attracted to a butchy man because she chooses to only be attracted to that type of gender and butchiness is a complete perversion of natural science and what religuous text teaches.

Best Answer

If your idea where true there would be no lesbians, cause suffering and agressions is actually what lesbians get from many people including family...
Also have in account that many women have an abusive husbnd yet they stay, they even return after they got scared, when he convinces herwith sweet words... You hve never been a lesbian , you cannot just assume things and consider those assumptions true.

Best Answer

Siiiigh.

Best Answer

I like butch lesbians because they have the best qualities of men and women rolled up into one. It's not entirely about the looks, its about who they are, how their brain works, the sexiness of defying gender roles in society. But when it comes to looks thats pretty sexy too. And people tend to forget no matter how butch a woman is, she is still a woman, and has that body and that mind. The soft lips, smooth body, and unexpected curves dont hurt either. Oh and the muscle tone and short hair. Its alllll good.

Best Answer

that is accually a really great question maybe to let people know wat they are searching for, although dont assume every 'butch' looking woman is lesbian because there are alot of people who just like different styles, who want to be different from everybody else.

Best Answer

It's the ying and yang thing

Best Answer

Define "look like men" please. <br />
Is it short hair? Pants instead of skirts? What about all the straight women who prefer feminine or "metrosexual" men rather than rugged, unkempt guys? Are they any less straight because of that preference?<br />
Lesbians like WOMEN. Women come in many different shapes, sizes and styles. Gender ex<x>pression is a spectrum rather than two neat little boxes labeled "male" and "female". Plenty of feminine lesbians prefer feminine partners, just as many "butch" women prefer other "butches". Then there are the butches who like femmes, and vice versa. My belief is that homosexual people--both male and female--are more comfortable exploring different gender ex<x>pressions and dating same-gendered people who do the same. <br />
Clear as mud?

Best Answer

Stop getting so ******* defensive. It's a question. Answer with some rationality please or get the **** out. I agree with the person who posted the question. That "Yin and yang" thing is bullshit. Look, women should look like women. Butch women are really not that attractive. If I were with a woman, I'd like one that actually looks like a woman.

Best Answer

@Dealwithit666 To tell you honestly, GirlCubed made a rational statement there. On the other hand, your statement (Look, women should look like women. Butch women are really not that attractive. If I were with a woman, I'd like one that actually looks like a woman") is not a rational statement that could answer the question stated in this thread. It is rather just your opinion which makes it..well, just your opinion.

Best Answer

with butch women u get the best of both worlds n to the ppl that thinks we are so disgusting n nasty why even waste ur time to reply smh

Best Answer

well that is certainly very messed up, but the butches are the ugliest things that i have ever seen in my life.

Best Answer

I smell bigotry!

Best Answer

Because we don't like men part's and men them self's. But we like female's and sometime's we still wan't from a female a strong feeling.<br />
And just like a tomboy it's nice to be who you are nothing wrong with it.<br />
You don't have to love a man or like one to date or feel happy with one.<br />
but you can wan't that feeling of strength. and sometime's it comes from girls with strong attitude's. <br />
i don't label myself i am not a butch but i have medium long hair and were tomboyish clothing i truefully would never cut mine short...and i can take all label's and say part's from both fit me. i think label's may fit some people but not me! But yeah there's your answer it's not to hard to understand as long as you get the sexual part.

Best Answer

Why not be comfortable in the skin you are in, Oh but you do like men parts, you say butches are not trying to be men, then why do so many wear straps? what is that for? just bump you know what if you don't like men parts???

Best Answer

many lesbians want their partners to play the man role. very disgusting pigs.

Best Answer

wow, holy ****.

Best Answer

It's scary, I know, but don't worry we won't make you lazy men look too bad. I understand why straight men feel threatened by butch lesbians.

Best Answer