Ive often wondered this and am totally confused by it.
Blondevixon Blondevixon 31-35, F 82 Answers Mar 19, 2010

I have know a number of lesbians in my life and one particular "Butch" lesbian has told me that the reason for your question is generally because they like to be adored and the 'BUTCH' lesbian, actually does love the female form...she told me that caressing and touching the skin of the "femme" is the most erotic feeling in the world to the "butch'. <br />
The Femme has a need to be taken care of, the Butch provides the Authority type figure in the relationship. The love-making is all woman... no harshness or premature ***********, or anything male. just the softness of a woman's touch on the softness of a woman's body... anyway, that is how it was explained to me...

Best Answer

Where do you get "the majority go for other butch lesbians?" I've been a lesbian my whole life and butches dating butches is the exception, not the norm. But, as to why some butches like other butches, the answer is simple. It's because that's who they're attracted to. All people, straight, gay and otherwise, usually have "types" they're attracted to. I happen to be VERY feminine and I am attracted to more masculine women because I like the yin to my yang. I find them sexy and, for the most part, full of honor, chivalry and integrity. But make no mistake. They ARE women. Men don't own "masculine traits." There are also plenty of straight women who are "tom boys" and they have men attracted to them. It's a preference thing. Both physically and emotionally.

Best Answer

My gay lady-friend is not butch but she definitely prefers to be the provider, the consoler, the dyke in shining armor. She has those "masculine" traits of honor and integrity... one of the reasons I like her so much.

I counseled her against being the knight though, from personal experience it almost always turns out badly.

Funny that she wants to be the passenger not the driver though.

Best Answer

but women are still women, take me for example, I am a lesbian, but maybe I dont want my girlfriend to be all gentle and wear dresses all the time and constantly talk about shopping and shoes and have her whole bedroom in the color pink. A butch lesbian still has a vagina, still has breasts, still thinks like a woman and has the emotions of a woman, but is just on the more masculine side. I'm sure you've seen older straight women in their 40's and 50's who have super short hair and wear ill fitting jeans and hiking boots and no bra, who are married to men. Straight men like women, but tons of them marry that older woman I just mentioned all the time. Those men probably want a woman who relates to them more and can do what he does involving the car, hunting, remodeling the house, ect. It all depends on the individual. (btw I am a girly girl)

Best Answer

How many lesbians do you know who actually fit that silly stereotype? I can't say I've ever met one.

Best Answer

1- many lesbian dont fall in this category<br />
2- im a straight guy. I like tomboyish women... Does that mean i like men? Nope...last time i checked tomboys are women, have vagina, boobs femalebody and femininity...while men have penis, masculinity etc....<br />
Its ll about what attracts you

Best Answer

Absolutely!

Best Answer

Someone attracted to the same sex is exactly like someone attracted to the opposite sex. Everyone has preferences and it's never a good idea to generalize.

Best Answer

Butch lesbians aren't males. I don't understand why people make such a big deal about that..there can be a tomboy walking down the halls, completely straight and guys still like her, why? Because she's a girl. <br />
It's the same with girls. I'm a lesbian and both me and my girlfriend are as feminine as women can get. Plus, I see many lesbian couples where they're both butch as well. So please don't say the " majority " because that is stuff you see on TV. Not all lesbians are like that.

Best Answer

a rarity, MOST of the femmes i see do portray the male side, i was a tomgirl (you said tomboy) growing up and i am as feminine as all get out. i wanted to do what my big brothers did but i did not want to dress like them. The majority of lesbian couples i see, one portrays the male. But then the course of nature as GOD created them are male and female. Regardless, if you believe in a Higher Power or not there is one and GOD calls it un-natural. read Romans 1: 26-27

Best Answer

It's the ying and yang thing

Best Answer

Define "look like men" please. <br />
Is it short hair? Pants instead of skirts? What about all the straight women who prefer feminine or "metrosexual" men rather than rugged, unkempt guys? Are they any less straight because of that preference?<br />
Lesbians like WOMEN. Women come in many different shapes, sizes and styles. Gender ex<x>pression is a spectrum rather than two neat little boxes labeled "male" and "female". Plenty of feminine lesbians prefer feminine partners, just as many "butch" women prefer other "butches". Then there are the butches who like femmes, and vice versa. My belief is that homosexual people--both male and female--are more comfortable exploring different gender ex<x>pressions and dating same-gendered people who do the same. <br />
Clear as mud?

Best Answer

Stop getting so ******* defensive. It's a question. Answer with some rationality please or get the **** out. I agree with the person who posted the question. That "Yin and yang" thing is bullshit. Look, women should look like women. Butch women are really not that attractive. If I were with a woman, I'd like one that actually looks like a woman.

Best Answer

@Dealwithit666 To tell you honestly, GirlCubed made a rational statement there. On the other hand, your statement (Look, women should look like women. Butch women are really not that attractive. If I were with a woman, I'd like one that actually looks like a woman") is not a rational statement that could answer the question stated in this thread. It is rather just your opinion which makes it..well, just your opinion.

Best Answer

Stop getting so defensive. It is a good question not one of you have answered. I just went to my first lesbian gathering and everyone was ugly and butch and I could not understand why they say they fancy women when not one of the 200 people had any resemblance to a woman. I am both ways inclined but a cute woman is what I would be interested in. So just answer the question.

Best Answer

right..I'm a dude and love women..i don't do men and they don't do me. I just think that women who are frustrated with men turn to strong woman to fill the part. i know a few lesbian couples and one always plays the male part. Dresses like man.. works like a man in some cases. The male lesbian so to speak always calls the shots. Quite unlike the traditional man woman relationship where decisions are made together. I guess it's a submissive thing. some people like to be told what to do..how and when. that's fine with me sexually as a man. I don't mind roll playing and letting a woman take control but i also like to switch it up and be the boss myself at times.

Best Answer

I love all the expert straight people giving their opinions on what lesbians are attracted to. I mean really, are you guys that stupid? It has to do with attraction. It's that simple.

Best Answer

Simple, it is all about personal preference, does it really matter. I myself am a gay man and I am a fairly butch guy and I like blokey masculine guys who are the same.

Best Answer

There is a real gay agenda to normalize this behavior. im.hearing a lot of textbook tones fron that movement. The reason some women go for butch lesbians is because somewhere in their social development a deviated or abnormal attraction was established with a woman. Attraction to the same sex is sometimes mistaken for when in our human experience we have contact with someone. Maybe a boy or a father emotional scars a teen. Another teen of the same sex provides comfort, a hug is spontaneously follwed up with a kiss. The teen likes it, it feels good. they are confused, they think they are gay because they are not supposed to like it. yet they fail to realize our bodies are meant to be stimulated. The problem is that people assign orientation on many false premises whether or not its right or wrong to pursue these feelings and attractions depends on where your moral or religious compass points you. The fem women is attracted to a butchy man because she chooses to only be attracted to that type of gender and butchiness is a complete perversion of natural science and what religuous text teaches.

Best Answer

If your idea where true there would be no lesbians, cause suffering and agressions is actually what lesbians get from many people including family...
Also have in account that many women have an abusive husbnd yet they stay, they even return after they got scared, when he convinces herwith sweet words... You hve never been a lesbian , you cannot just assume things and consider those assumptions true.

Best Answer

Siiiigh.

Best Answer

I like butch lesbians because they have the best qualities of men and women rolled up into one. It's not entirely about the looks, its about who they are, how their brain works, the sexiness of defying gender roles in society. But when it comes to looks thats pretty sexy too. And people tend to forget no matter how butch a woman is, she is still a woman, and has that body and that mind. The soft lips, smooth body, and unexpected curves dont hurt either. Oh and the muscle tone and short hair. Its alllll good.

Best Answer

that is accually a really great question maybe to let people know wat they are searching for, although dont assume every 'butch' looking woman is lesbian because there are alot of people who just like different styles, who want to be different from everybody else.

Best Answer

Many people think that the majority of lesbians are attracted to butch lesbians. This could be true or this could be false. The only way for us to prove it is to ask all the lesbians in the world about which type they prefer and then compare the results like it were a census. But then again, ask yourself. Do you really think you could have the same preference all your life? Because there are times when people (e.g. straight guys) would prefer to be with the girly one or the boyish one, the party girl or the home buddy, the girl-next-door or the exotic one during the course of his life. That's because people's preferences can change over periods of time due to certain events, etc. It's just the same as lesbians. Lesbians can also change their preferences so the census thing wouldn't be so accurate as times change. Another factor why a lot of people think that the majority of lesbians prefer butch lesbians is the fact that butch-femme couples are more obvious. You see a girl with a butch, you could immediately assume that they're a couple just by looking at how they treat each other. But if two feminine girls are together, you can't really tell immediately if they're just friends or actually a couple unless they tell you so. And believe me when I say that there are a variety of lesbian relationship structures out there. People are just not aware of them because they are not all too obvious.<br />
There are plenty of generalizations in society and I would like to thank the person who posted this question. It was worth answering and I just hope my answer shed some light upon your confusion regarding this issue. Have a great day!

Best Answer

with butch women u get the best of both worlds n to the ppl that thinks we are so disgusting n nasty why even waste ur time to reply smh

Best Answer

well that is certainly very messed up, but the butches are the ugliest things that i have ever seen in my life.

Best Answer

I smell bigotry!

Best Answer

Because we don't like men part's and men them self's. But we like female's and sometime's we still wan't from a female a strong feeling.<br />
And just like a tomboy it's nice to be who you are nothing wrong with it.<br />
You don't have to love a man or like one to date or feel happy with one.<br />
but you can wan't that feeling of strength. and sometime's it comes from girls with strong attitude's. <br />
i don't label myself i am not a butch but i have medium long hair and were tomboyish clothing i truefully would never cut mine short...and i can take all label's and say part's from both fit me. i think label's may fit some people but not me! But yeah there's your answer it's not to hard to understand as long as you get the sexual part.

Best Answer

Why not be comfortable in the skin you are in, Oh but you do like men parts, you say butches are not trying to be men, then why do so many wear straps? what is that for? just bump you know what if you don't like men parts???

Best Answer

Why we strap? Because we can have our own c*cks. It doesn't go limp, you can go for...how ever long you want to, no pregnancy, and no HPV. Now trump that. You can't. So silence, pesant! Male or female. Gay or straight. There's heterosexual women who strap it on their boyfriends/husbands. Any commentary on that one? I guess you straight women aren't comfortable in your own skin either, huh? Or maybe, just maybe it's because it feels good and is enjoyable for both parties. You sound uneducated and pathetic. I'm sorry your sex life sucks but don't take it out on lesbians who know how to rock each other's socks off all night long without stopping. Enjoy your man d*ck. Cheers!

Best Answer

many lesbians want their partners to play the man role. very disgusting pigs.

Best Answer

wow, holy ****.

Best Answer

It's scary, I know, but don't worry we won't make you lazy men look too bad. I understand why straight men feel threatened by butch lesbians.

Best Answer