Scarlettshadowkeeper Scarlettshadowkeeper 16-17 10 Answers Apr 29, 2012

That reminds me of a little wooden sign that used to hang in my Grandmother's living room. It said, "Everything I like is illegal, immoral, or fattening." So my Grandmother used to sit quietly in her living room and knit.

Best Answer

haha thats so sweet and funny at the same time! :) i can totally picture it too

Best Answer

I think because we're trying to find balance. The things you like often make you happy and the things you don't like often are necessary in some way to do the things that make you happy.

Best Answer

Well doing lots of things that you don't like doesn't mean that these things aren't good for you cause we all live to improve our lives after many attempts to get the best we could get in every single aspect in our lives.<br />
we might like having fun all the time like going out,sleeping all day,getting spoiled.....etc But we won't be able to do what we like if these things are not available cause if your parents haven't worked hard before you wouldn't have had a bed to relax and sleep in it and you can't buy things you like without money that you can't get without getting a job.<br />
So you might do things you like if you work hard to get them.

Best Answer

thats very true and i totally agree with your argument here :)

Best Answer

My son always ask that question and just doesn't do things he doesn't like. Therefore he he only makes 8,000 a year and lives in filth. He has no girl friend either. That seems to answer this fully I think.

Best Answer

thats true... but i would find it tough to do something you didnt love for money

Best Answer

He loves to be lazy... and doesn't like money that much.

Best Answer

oh well if hes happy then i guess its ok

Best Answer

The problem is he isn't happy. I know his depression has much to do with it and that is why he is so lazy.

Best Answer

Well..don't do things you don't like...because just as you said it, life is too short to do crappy things.

Best Answer

totally agree with you

Best Answer

You need to try and like the things you don't like currently. I know it sounds obscene but you'll see what I'm talking about when you try... ;)

Best Answer

Because life isn't easy. Nothing is handed to us. We have to earn the things we want. There needs to be balance. When you don't work hard for the things you want, no matter what great things you have or do, you will not appreciate it and be unhappy.

Best Answer

i see what your point is, thanks :)

Best Answer

It's our duty

Best Answer

how so?

Best Answer