I fear this is the beginning of the end for her. My heart aches. She's been my baby for 17 years, helped me raise my kids as a single mom, and was always a grumpy love-bug.
Christyna Christyna 46-50, F 3 Answers Sep 24, 2012 in Health

Im so sorry. I am going through this too

Best Answer

It sucks! My little girl kitty is gone. I took her to the vet the following day and it was her time. All I know is when I ride my horse to Heaven, my kitty Lily will be flying right beside me. My precious little kitty Lily. Hope you are okay. I know it's tough.

Best Answer

Im so sorry for your loss. I've read so much on cat cancer as of late. With my next pet, I will be sure to check her mouth often, get her annual teeth cleanings, which can help catch this very frequent cancer (oral scc) and feed her organic. Im so sorry. This sucks. I know if love could have saved your kitty, she would have lived forever.

Best Answer

I can imagine how you must feel. I have a 16 year old cat and he also keeps getting bouts of nausea. Each time I think it might be "that time" but he keeps coming out of it. He likes margarine and each time he quits eating I give him a little bit and it seems to help with his nausea and he just starts eating and drinking again. He lost his old buddy (and mine) a while back who was also 16 at the time so every day feels like a bonus now. After you spend around a third of your life with them, it's nearly the same as if they were a relative.

Best Answer

Thanks for the input. Yeah I'm depressed. Reality! We also lost her sister (cat) last summer and she was 17 too. This weight loss has been going on several mos, then had her teeth done 2 mos ago and she still is mopey and now hasn't eaten in a few day or drank water. This part of life sucks. :(

Best Answer

Yes, cancer often causes nausea.

Best Answer

I brought her to the vet about 2 mos ago for dental work, but she still isn't eating much. I think she's nauseaus. She moans when I try to give her water.

Best Answer

Oh man...that doesn't sound good. I'm in the same boat: I have a couple of old Gentlemen who have shared the bad times with me, and they're getting on in years too

Best Answer