Supposing I've talked to her about it and she won't listen
BloviatingBuffoon BloviatingBuffoon 70+, F 77 Answers Feb 2, 2013 in Community

Ehhhhh... ****, I don't know. I can't think of any reasonable way to go about this without being sneaky and passive-aggressive. <br />
What I'd say in theory is tell her that she needs to break it off with him, or come clean to him in X amount of time or you tell him and that your friendship isn't worth protecting her dishonesty. <br />
But in practice would I go thorugh with that? Well let's say I would. >.> Thankfully the only time a friend of mine had an affair I was out of province and wasn't present for the blowout from that.

Best Answer

I understand. I wish I wasn't aware of this

Best Answer

It sucks, but who you hang around says a lot about you. 'Specially if they are not changing their ways (if they know what is going on is wrong) but I don't know the exact details of the situation so...
Ask yourself how much is Honesty worth to you. If my 'best friend' is dishonest to this guy, could she be doing the same to me?
Whatever the consequences, embrace them fully as yours.

Best Answer

I would first give her the option of telling him or u will??

Best Answer

Of course not, it's not your business.

Best Answer

Mind your own business.

Best Answer

Are you just a nosy busy body or did you want to loose a "best friend?"<br />
Tell her. Then you can start a new Experience group "How I lost My Friend By Throwing Her Boy Friend Under A Bus.

Best Answer

It is an awkward situation and I think it is best to keep clear of the situation. Still see your best friend, just avoid this subject. That way you can be the friend whose shoulder is there to cry on, rather than get entangled.

Best Answer

I would have to say no. <br />
But if you decided to do it. I would ask myself what my motivation for telling him is? And also what good would come from telling him? <br />
Also if you do tell him be prepared to lose your friendship with both of them. <br />
I once found out my bestfriend's boyfriend was cheating on her. I told her thinking this was the correct thing to do. She asked him about it and he denied it. Well she believed him over me and I lost my friend and she continued to date him for several more years.

Best Answer

NOPE your not the morality police.

Best Answer

Tough one.<br />
If it was ongoing and unrepentant, I'd probably make it clear to her I didn't like it, and tell her that while I'm not going to seek the guy out to tell him, I'm also not going to support her behaviour by lying for her or hanging out with the two of them. <br />
If it was in the past, I'd probably let it go.

Best Answer

No, they should deal with it in private...

Best Answer

in most cases, probably not. you're best friend has to live with what she is doing. It really depends on who you are closest too. I'm sure it's difficult seeing her do this, but your job it to be there for her no matter what. Hopefully she will realize what she is doing and that it's wrong. You can always be there to offer advice. But sounds like she may have to learn for herself

Best Answer

No.. don't get involved with them.. cuz then u'll be the one responsible of everything & hurted.. Just keep talking to her about it.. let her have a heart and stop playing with two guys feelings.. And Dear truth always finds a way of coming out just like secrets..So one of these two guys that she's going out with will soon know about it.. No game last forever.. there's always "Game Over"..

Best Answer

Its not a question of what will you gain by telling her boyfriend, its a question of what will her boyfriend lose by not telling him. My Ex cheated quite a bit. Many people knew about her cheating, but no one said anything to me. As a result, I lost 8 years of my life that I will never get back. If you do not tell him, stay clear of both until its resolved. However, remember: If your best friend is willing to lie to her boyfriend think about what she is capable of doing to you -- she can use you too if she feels she can get away with it. People like that are usually good at justifying their actions if they feel they can attain personal gain -- in their mind, your friendship is a cheap price to pay for self-gratification.

Best Answer

A real friend would tell her, regardless of what happens next, you main intention is to avoid her getting more hurt than she needs. And when you mean cheating I hope you mean like you caught him doing something he shouldn't be doing to someone that isn't his girlfriend.

Best Answer

@Alohagirl808 Her friend is the one cheating not the guy AND you should tell him

Best Answer

If you have already talked to her, then yes. Tell him. He needs to know so he will not invest anymore time in this relationship. And if that doesn't work find a way for all of them to bump into each other by accident.

Best Answer

Yep

Best Answer

yes. cheating is a terrible thing to do to someone. he deserves the truth.

Best Answer

Do you think he doesn't already know? <br />
What do YOU gain by telling?<br />
Wouldn't it make more sense to talk to the best friend? If she really is a best friend, this should be an honest conversation.

Best Answer

It really reveals the character of your friend, doesn't it? is this the kind of character you seek in your friends? <br />
Your friend has put you in a very uncomfortable position... gee, thank goodness for friends, cause we all need drama, right?? are you the type of person who has this type of drama in their life, and it's normal? not me... I would tell the cheating ***** that you don't appreciate the place it puts you in, and dump her friendship.

Best Answer

you'll lose a best friend but you may win a boyfriend... is he cute?

Best Answer

i dunno, for me no.

Best Answer