ashlieecker ashlieecker 26-30, F 15 Answers Aug 12, 2012 in Health

because that trait is a recessive trait, meaning that it is less likely for one of the children in your family to have blue eyes. <br />
The brown eyes is the dominant gene in this equation, meaning that it is more likely for the children in your family to have brown eyes.

Best Answer

Because your DNA code is recessive for brown so your either a carrier of the brown trait or a pure breed.....either way you genetic structure wasn't designed to create the pigment/chemical required to make brown eyes

Best Answer

thats about the same for me, blue is a reccesive trait so it skips a generation, browns dominant, it has to do on genes

Best Answer

Because your mom has blue eyes. Everyone in my family except for my sister and my dad (i also have a brother) have brown eyes, my sister and dad both have blue.

Best Answer

genitics is funny thing

Best Answer

Read Mendelsons genetic experiments with peas...the % of brown vs blue in your family sounds textbook.

Best Answer

hey have found that eye color is determined by several genes. Your father probably carries the ones that match enough with your mothers to have them show up in you. lighter colored eyes are recessive so you need 2 sets for them to show.

Best Answer

biological alleles. Since brown eyes is a dominant gene, both your parents must have a recessive gene. There is only a 1 in 4 chance they can have a baby with blue eyes<br />
you lucked out

Best Answer

Brown is a dominate trait. So are you sure your dad is your dad?

Best Answer

positively sure he is my dad
even my daughter has brown eyes

Best Answer

That does not mean your father is your dad. Only one way to find out. DNA test live on maury povich

Best Answer