EDIT: Now that the answers stopped rolling in, I think a little observation is in order. And in all honesty, I must admit I am shocked and amazed at the number of people who focused all of their attention to the first half of the statement, and failed to notice that the true emphasis was placed on the other half. Another thing that was equally shocking and surprising was the number of people who overlooked the initial "if", and interpreted the statement as if it stared with a "because". In essence, all of you who said that it did matter (even though you missed the point) were right - it does matter. But the true meaning of the statement is also true - "all that matters is what we do", i.e. doing good needs no meaning other than doing good itself. Thank you for your time.
themanoflegends themanoflegends 22-25, M 8 Answers Mar 31, 2013 in Hobbies

well, in terms of the statement you've proposed, the former claim negates the latter

Best Answer

Ignorantly accepting our ignorance is how we really come to know anything matters.

Best Answer

to live is to do

Best Answer

im gonna murder myself soon doesnt matter at all

Best Answer

Matters to whom?

Best Answer

not true

what we do matters to us and others-even if we do not realize it

Best Answer

But isn't that the exact same thing the quote said?

Best Answer

HOW SO?

Best Answer

No matter what we do, it doesn't matter (the big picture never changes), so all that matters is what we do (because it comes down to us to live up to our human potential, to do the right thing, because even if it doesn't matter, it's something we're devoted to, i.e. - it matters.

Best Answer

no-that is not something i agree with-and it's not what i said
whomever sated that quote didn't know any better
what we do matters even in the big picture

Best Answer

Everything that we do matters.

Best Answer