I have a really good friend with genetically bad B.O. She showers once, sometimes twice a day (at least, that's what she told me) and it still can get rank. Luckily we're close, so when I notice she's smelling "earthy" I ask her if she's got any deodorant I could borrow, she knows what I mean, and she quickly slaps on some extra. I'm the sort to tell someone if they do because I know if I stank I'd rather someone tell me than slowly build resentment towards me. However, if they were my superior, I don't think I'd have the guts XD

Best Answer

at least she makes every attempt to address the problem, some people just dont bother

Best Answer

Awful...I haven't seen that happen in years, thank gawd. When it did, someone put a discreet brown bag on the young man's desk. Inside were a newly purchased bar of soap and antiperspirant, with a note that said, "We really like you, but this has become an issue. Please don't doubt that we're your friends and care." I'm sure he was still mortified, but they were trying to be kind.

Best Answer

If you are really a freiend, you tell them. You might bring it up in a way that makes it sound like you are worried for their health. Otherwise, just be straight w/ them and tell them that you noticed a different scent when they are around and when it changed. Let them know it's not pleasant. That way people don't start or continue to talk about them. Good luck!!

Best Answer

Just be polite and tell them could help save there job may become a issue with management or other Co workers

Best Answer

Oh man i sit by this kid who STINKS like he mever takes a shower or bath I just try to stay away from him And try not to breath by him. I would ware a gas mask . damm do my teachers not smell him not concerned I dont want to sit by him. Am I the only one who smells it ?

Best Answer

You need to say to the teacher you want moved as his smell makes you feel sick, cause i did this at school in similair situation, years ago it was awful

Best Answer

UGH this one is difficult to answer. You don't want to hurt their feelings, but you want to be able to breathe normally! I would try dropping some sort of hints. If that doesn't work that brown paper bag suggestion sounded great. Pretty to the point there. Not everyone should have to suffer because one person will not take care of their hygiene. I think its rude, I know some people who are so lazy, they just don't care/won't shower. There are some people who cannot help it though. I know a man who doesn't have a sense of smell because of a car accident he was in. Luckily we are friends, and I can nicely tell him when deodorant/shower is in need. good luck with this one its a tuffy.

Best Answer

working on a building site we nipped this in the bud. the person in question asked for something from the shop at lunchtime meaning a sandwich or pie. we bought him a bar of soap , presented to him with the immortal words " get a wash cos you stink "

Best Answer

I hate that... I did however spray cologne on my jacket that was new cuz I can't stand mfg. Smell of some hardlines. They wreak! I hate new clothes smell.but some I am afraid to launder.

Best Answer