like that would ever happen hahaha just dreaming here guys.
blissnature blissnature 18-21, F 22 Answers Aug 31, 2012 in Beliefs

A graders, in my experience, are usually pretty dim. They're the kind of people that you can say "Right read all these books and study for 200 hours a week" and they do without questioning or anything.

B graders are the people who ask the questions the A graders don't think to ask, they're the smart ones.

Best Answer

not true

Best Answer

It's true for the guys.

Best Answer

If people that actually produced things of actual value and innovated were indeed given such social recognition, and were looked up to and emulated there would probably a lot more people focused on building robots and creating new technology and the economy would be better.

instead of running around and getting excited about chasing balls around a field like a sort of braindamaged ape.

Best Answer

Isn't that what slavish devotion to getting good grades is, more or less, chasing balls?

Best Answer

It just makes up for the fact that nobody gives a crap about them after high school. :)

Best Answer

my son is a nerd. i recornize him......in how he gets on my nerves.

Best Answer

And how old are you?

Best Answer

18 senior in high school

Best Answer

Oh.

Best Answer

In a few years when they are embarking on a career as a shift manager at McDonald's and you are sending your secretary out to pick you up some lunch, it sort of evens out :)

Best Answer

Trust me you will!

They will call you boss and wish they were you.

Best Answer

Loosely speaking there are two kinds of students "nerds and jocks" the nerds manage to plan for the future and the jocks live for the next exhibition. Recognition is a jocks reward but seldom pays the bills.

Best Answer

agree, my son in 8th. honors!!!- good for you!

Best Answer

Things don't change much, do they?

You have an object lesson in why life is a zero-sum game and there is no such thing as a "level playing field" and why you need to fight for the type of unfairness that will benefit you. If your parents do not make more than $250,000 per year, the chances of you becoming wealthy are nil, regardless of your grades. When you have a chance, work for and vote for higher taxes on the wealthy and corporations. That bit of "unfairness" will end up benefiting your quality of life.

Better yet, get elected to a school board and work to de-fund athletic programs, transferring funding to technical education. Make athletics small enough to drown in a bathtub.

Best Answer

If you are Truly smart your Recognition will come after you get out of school.In your Career. 1 out of 10's of thousands of school athletes can make a Living at it.

Best Answer

my point exactly.

Best Answer

Yes.

And if college scouts were as commonly out looking for the best and brightest students and promising them the big deals and full scholarships that the athletes get.

Oh well. I'm not surprised.

People are money driven, and unfortunately, so are colleges and schools, at least in part. I suppose too that the sports recognition is fueled in part by adrenalin and the star power of the team members. I'm afraid that an individual getting good grades will never be as easy for the populace to get behind as an athlete because of the draw of the spectacle and the feeling of being part of a crowd of fans.

Best Answer

i guess we just hide until we get our careers, and then become those football athletes bosses :)

Best Answer

Yes. Or their doctors and psychiatrists and marriage counsellors and drug rehab therapists...... ;)

Best Answer

its not exciting to watch kids get good grades

Best Answer

yeah, and we all become college graduates and get awesome jobs, then it doesnt become very exciting for the football players that all thought they were going to make it to the NFL watch us boss them around. cant wait !

Best Answer

lol, I'm not saying it makes sense. They get acknowledged because they do something that is fun to watch and not everyone can do. Why should you get acknowledged for good grades? If kids were taught to get good grades for recognition, that'd be sending the wrong message. That's something that you should be doing for yourself and your future

Best Answer

you go girl!

Best Answer

I could be your grandfather, and I agree with you fully!...unfortunately it has been that way for as long as I have been alive.

Best Answer