It is a simple case of supply and demand. My earlier question overwhelmingly revealed that people hate politicians and think they are universally dishonest. It would stand to reason that if honest people ran for office, they would be shoe-ins for election. And yet... there never ever ever seems to be honest people running for office. Can you explain that? Are we actually the dishonest ones when we say we would vote for an honest candidate?
Casualfun Casualfun 36-40, M 13 Answers Jul 17, 2012

honest people wish to keep their integrity in tact

Best Answer

They do run--the problem is that it takes so much money and if you're honest you don't get the millions of big contributions. Example: the largest political campaign contributor in US history is currently under investigation for bribery of foreign officials in Macau--not too honest a money source, one suspects.

Best Answer

My opinion is that truly honest people do not want to get mixed up in the dirty games that are played in politics, or to become indebted to unsavory people. I think most really honest people do not have, or could not get, the huge financial backing that is required to run for office either.

Best Answer

Interesting question. You will always hear voters say "I want an honest politician." You will never hear a voter say "I really disagree with what he said there, but at least he was honest." The truth can hurt and voters get what they deserve for voting for who sounds the best without considering whether or not the candidate's views are realistic. Neither side wins with honesty. Add to this the pressure created by their respective parties to support their orthodox views and a candidate is left wondering just what in Merlyn's beard he is supposed to say into the microphone. Add to this the fact that other people are frequently writing their speaches, and at the end of the day, they may be perfectly honest people cauight up in a wretched system perpetuated by voters who are looking for ideal rather than realistic solutions.

Best Answer

Yeah. i misspelled things. Because it's the internet, and I've had some fruit of the vine

Best Answer

I think they actually believe they are honest:)

Best Answer

Because who needs the invasion of privacy, the personal attacks, the inevitable compromise of one's principles in order to get anything done?

Best Answer

Thanks for selecting my answer as the best one!

Best Answer

Because hw would have to tell you he's a piece of crap and won't be able to accomplish anything, as messed up as our system is. Why would you vote for that guy?

Best Answer