No it is just another means of coping for people who can't accept the finality of death.

Best Answer

I'll only speak for myself here...<br /><br />I'm not wrestling with thoughts of the finality of death. Contrarily, I would hope to avoid a return in another life. <br /><br />To experience the heartaches, the pains, the sufferings, again and again...<br /><br />But we are sometimes connected with other souls...and sometimes we may actually choose to return for no other reason than to be there for those we love.

Best Answer

I think its possible we are all old spirits

Best Answer

Maybe that's where all those extinct species have been going? Reincarnation means you can come back as an ant as easily as a human being, depending how you've lived your previous life.

Best Answer

very good ChipmunkErnie. The thing about reincarnation is that you can move up or down the ladder. At least, that's what I've read.

Best Answer

the new ones are the angels that have just fallen, i've been here forever ,im really tired

Best Answer

No doubt you could tell us a few things. I've read your posts and appreciate your perspective and honesty.

Best Answer

Incarnation is a choice. In our true forms or spirit forms, we live in eternal bliss, in the all encompassing light of God. However, on that plane of existence, we can never know what it is to experience pain, sorrow, lust, rage or any of the other more fascinating bits of human life. It is only through incarnating that we can experience these things. Some of us come back time and time again, hoping to learn as much as we can and to become more like God. Some of us are satisfied to incarnate only once and to spend our eternity seeking the intellectual side of God rather than the emotional side. And some of us have waited for this particularly interesting time in history for our first incarnation. Each soul is different and each soul has spent a different amount of time in incarnation, both on this planet an on others. Existence is eternal, life is but a moment.

Best Answer

The 144,000 are mentioned in the book of Revelations. They are to reign by the side of Lord Jesus Christ after Armageddon, sometimes called the anointed class. Different faiths have various views on who they are. This is the first time that I have heard of their only being 144,000 souls. <br />
A view of souls, Vedic, is that the soul is eternal no beginning, no end.<br />
It is not that there are more souls on Earth, it is that there are more souls in human bodies. <br />
Tiny little micro entities to demigods are jiva souls such as we are. <br />
If one accepts reincarnation there are variables such as in Asia men had a top-knot or chonmage. If the chonmage or sikha (Hindu) is cut, you will not reach nirvana or Heavenly planets and come back as a human. Long ago in India Buddhist monks, cut off their sikha so they will return again and again to help enlighten other souls. They do not desire to move on to the spiritual realms.

Best Answer

Pretty sure that's how it works. Though I've always wondered if it has to do with a soul-like thing moving from life to life...where are the new ones coming from? Perhaps that is why everything but humans are declining in population and we are quite rapidly expanding.

Best Answer

Hebrews 9:27 of the New Testament says, "And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment". According to sc<x>ripture there is no reincarnation. I would tend to think there wasn't, even if I did not know it, because I can't imagine a merciful god making us go through this more than once. That and it would defeat the purpose as to why Christ died for us.

Best Answer

I respect your thoughts northguy.

Best Answer

No idea whose lived many lives before and who is on their first run. I just hope to find out in my next life.

Best Answer

cute artemesia4u.

Best Answer

Some argue that now we are so many people on earth, souls have shorter "intermissions" between their lives. If, for example, souls once used to reincarnate centuries after their last life, now they may be reborn after just a few years or even weeks. So that´s where you would get the larger amount of people from.

Best Answer