I couldn't find this question anywhere. Maybe the wording was off. Anyways I've been in and out of doctors offices for over seven years now, with a plethora of drugs shoved at me with no avail. As some of my writing on here shows, I've been thinking of death a lot. In all honesty I can't feel like this for another year, month, week... The past week specifically I can barely keep myself from throwing up and have a hard time eating. Extremely fatigued as well. I'm extremely desperate. I must have typed in hundreds of google searches now about every aspect of anxiety/depression and suicide.
Blitzingtakin Blitzingtakin 22-25, M 12 Answers Nov 13, 2011

Try Emotional Freedom Technique. Find a practitioner in your area and look up videos on Youtube to understand what it is. I hope this helps

Best Answer

My own feeling on this is that it took almost 63 years of "my life" to feel this way, so how could it possibly be fixed w/the wave of someone's magic wand?

Best Answer

Have you every been hospitalized for this? Perhaps you should seek this as a means of protecting yourself UNTIL you find the proper help. Finding the right physician is key. Hang in there, I have been there and I know how you feel.

Best Answer

Some are biologically depressed and not situationally depressed, the difference is biological can happen for no good reason, as it has with me. Situational is when you suffer a loss, such as a child or a home etc. Situational passes with most people. Biological is the chemistry in your brain. Taking a shower or getting out of bed are big hurdles for a Clinically or Biological person; never mind going back to college. Doing anything is like climbing a mountain. I suffered for years with Clinical Depression and tried to commit suicide twice, but also thought of doing it often. I have tried every anti-depressant there is, and went to DBT classes, therapy and was so desperate, I had ECT, Which didn't work for me and it was frightening and I have a huge memory loss. It works for many, but not me and I am through with that awful experience. What has helped me finally get my life back was to add Ritalin to the Prozac and Abilify I am currently taking. I have my life back!!! I've gone back to work, (Not as a Dietician, because ECT has ruined a huge part of my memory.) , I shower and eat everyday, I make my bed and do all the things I used to do!!!!! I am back!!!! My therapist told me Ritalin was used in some very depressed patients, but because it's not backed by the FDA for depression, you don't hear much about it. I'm a happy, living, working example it works! Google Ritalin for depression and take a copy to you're therapist. The BEST of luck. I'm very aware of the living hell you're going through.

Best Answer

I envy you. I am not able to take anti-depressants, as I'm one of the freaks that it has the opposite effect on. Don't know how much longer I can do this. So tired of being thrown away when I am no longer any use to people--even my own children. Life sucks, and then you have to keep living...or do you?

Best Answer

Try just the Ritalin, it's not classified as an antidepressant. It's the only thing that really helped me after years of debilitating depression...Good Luck..try googling it

Best Answer

I have had depression since I was eleven. It has ruined my life but some how I have survived and I am glad I did. <br />
Have you ever tried electro shock therapy. That really could help you and when it is done they say it is the gold standard for treatment. I wouldn't let this option slip by if you can not get any relief with the meds.<br />
I know the road is a long one but I was so bad at one time I thought I was going to die without ever getting a chance at life. Give the shock treatment a try you have nothing to lose.

Best Answer

Hope things change soon. Have you tried praying? - it might work.

Best Answer

I've prayed all of my life, and I'm now fairly certain God is busy elsewhere...

Best Answer

Have you every tried an alternative approach? If you've had all conventional medical testing done to rule out underlying physical causes, maybe you should consult with a good homeopath. I worked in a holistic dental office for years, and had some patients who had exhausted everything that conventional medicine could offer, and finally found help through homeopathy. It's not always the answer, but it might be worth a shot.

Best Answer

Depression is quite common and affects about one in 10 of us at some point. It affects men and women, young and old.

Depression affects people in different ways and can cause a wide variety of symptoms.
They range from lasting feelings of sadness and hopelessness, to losing interest in the things you used to enjoy and feeling very tearful. Many people with depression also have symptoms of anxiety.
There can be physical symptoms too, such as feeling constantly tired, sleeping badly, having no appetite or sex drive, and complaining of various aches and pains.
The severity of the symptoms can vary. At its mildest, you may simply feel persistently low in spirit, while at its most severe depression can make you feel suicidal and that life is no longer worth living.

Most people experience feelings of stress, sadness or anxiety during difficult times. A low mood may improve after a short time, rather than being a sign of depression. Read about low mood and depression.

Many people wait a long time before seeking help for depression, but it's best not to delay. The sooner you see a doctor, the sooner you can be on the way to recovery.
Sometimes there is a trigger for depression. Life-changing events, such as bereavement, losing your job or even having a baby, can bring it on.
People with a family history of depression are also more likely to experience it themselves.
But you can also become depressed for no obvious reason.

Many people with depression benefit by making lifestyle changes such as getting more exercise, cutting down on alcohol, stopping smoking and eating more healthily.
Self-help measures such as reading a self-help book or joining a support group are also worthwhile.

Treatment for depression involves either medication or talking treatments, or usually a combination of the two. The kind of treatment that your doctor recommends will be based on the type of depression you have.

Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) helps you understand your thoughts and behaviour and how they affect you.
CBT recognises that events in your past may have shaped you, but it concentrates mostly on how you can change the way you think, feel and behave in the present.
It teaches you how to overcome negative thoughts, for example being able to challenge hopeless feelings.

You normally have a short course of sessions, usually six to eight sessions, over 10 to 12 weeks on a one-to-one basis with a counsellor trained in CBT. In some cases, you may be offered group CBT, also combined with medication.

Best Answer