If so many of us think about our exes too much, why does it seem like so many women (and so few men) talk about it?
From a survey of 1000 people:
Most people are still hung up on their ex.
- 71% of people say they think about their ex too much; narrowed to singles the figure goes up to 81%.
- More than half (57%) of singletons say thinking about their ex prevents them from finding new love.
But it's not just singles—married folks are ex-obsessed as well.
- Almost two-thirds of married people (60%) agree that their ex is on their mind too often, and 36% say their attachment to their ex interferes with their marriage.
Both women and men remain attached to their exes.
- 74% of women and 64% of men think about their ex too much
- 76% of women and 70% of men have looked up an ex on the internet
- 50% of women and 40% of men say they look at their ex's Facebook or other online profile too often