Nearly everyone I know claims to hate pop music. If so many people hate it, or at the very least prefer other kinds of music, how can it still be so popular?
alicia87 alicia87 22-25, F 15 Answers Jul 7, 2009

Lots of money in the hands of teenagers whose taste hasn't evolved much since kindergarten-level songs.

Best Answer

hmm... a lot of good points so far. personally, i can see why other people like it. the way they make it, it has a... not good, but easy to follow beat, simple, easy to remember lyrics, and so on. it's music for the increasing percentage of the population that would rather watch family guy than sit down to a nice book. (currently reading blood and ice by the way) and while i like both, i'll take the books ANY day. as one wise man put it, "the intelligence of the planet is constant, and the population is growing." so i think mainstreem music is just a way for the average joe to relax from a long, thought intensive day of repetetive factory work.

Best Answer

Language: English (change) <br />
Same reason coffee is popular, even though most of it stinks, cigarettes are still smoked despite tasting horrible, and so-called "reaitly" shows, produced by people who's most exciting time in their lives was with oil in the bathroom filming themselves. We all get used to stupid things (I can say that. I drink coffee, God help me) <br />
Have you ever wondered WHY the founding fathers made the electoral college? Because they knew one simple fact: When you get a large amount of people together, you don't get large amounts of intelligence; you just get a great amount of STUPIDTY. Sorry, but stupid comes first when dealing with humans, especially the selfish ones.. ( An odd fact: There was only one President who tried his best to get rid of the electoral college, and that was Richard M. Nixon. Kinda says something, but I'm not sure WHAT..)<br />
Oddly enough, I LIKE pop music. But I follow the old human rule: If it doesn't kill me in one second, what the hell, keep it around..

Best Answer

People are cowardly.

Best Answer

I love pop music!!

Best Answer

Maybe the people who do like it don't advocate it, whereas those who do not, make sure everyone knows :)

Best Answer

Seriously! I dont get it! I feel the same way.

Best Answer

It is tailored for the masses, no actual artistic passion just business, not all of the popular music, but most of the music in the charts is simple generic stuff that is easy to listend to. apparently a catchy melody on a super saw synth, some spoiled superstar with their egocentric, brainwashing ''let's go shopping i'm a stupid *****! :D'' lyrics are just what people are looking for, such shallow music is popular, simply, because alot of people, are downright shallow themselves.

Best Answer

the lyrics now just seem extremely repetitive which is annoying and some artist use auto tune which sounds bad to me. Why its popular I'm guessing is because music companies hype the songs and people say its popular so people try listening to pop music for awhile to a point where they eventually start to like it. I listen hard rock, classical, and technical death metal, 1980's pop and earlier

Best Answer