would you do the same to hurt them or not?
starship33 starship33 36-40, F 13 Answers Jun 1, 2010

Family members, all the time keep throwing mud on you. I have a family in which everybody thinks, they are the best and know everything. So they have stopped growing. Nobody thinks anything before saying something. They don't even bother for my 68 years old mother. They keep saying many things which may hurt me, but i simply ignore as there is no point in saying anything...and i practice, ' never argue with a fool'.

Best Answer

That's the average dinner conversation in my family. My response would probably be "pass the potatoes."

Best Answer

No, I wouldn't throw anything back at them.<br />
Many people, including family members are capable of saying hurtful things to you. Many times its only because they feel insecure in themselves, and attack and say hurtful things in order to feel better about themselves.

Best Answer

My mother did that almost every time I've called her the past five years, in pite of the nice-nice prayers we'd say for her [and my] better luck. But I respect myself and gave as bad as I got.<br />
Now she doesn't get the chance as I'm not calling long distance to be browbeaten for things from 35 years ago that were a hill of beans even then.

Best Answer

let it go ... after all its your own family :)

Best Answer

i say no but i prob wuld do, put it this way there are not worth it!

Best Answer

Happens all the time here. No I do not...sometimes I try to defend myself as to why I did a certain thing. Most of the time I just apoligize and later recall the incident (like the next day or something) that mom was yelling at me about..and then i want to defend myself...but it is always just apologize

Best Answer

id prob wanna make them feel small.. so id really calmly say something like.. oh ok thanks, do you,feel better knowing how much that hurt me

Best Answer