deal with the hurt in private, or do you find you get the urge to ensure they know what they've done to you (and yes, in a diplomatic manner)? Just wondering how everyone else responds to being hurt by people that matter.
333cookies 333cookies 26-30, F 10 Answers Jun 24, 2012

distance is what they want,maybe it dont go as good as wished but diamonds and gold find answers...360....

Best Answer

I try not to let it show but i wear my heart on my sleeve its very hard for them to not know that they hurt me. I do push them away.

Best Answer

Congrats on posting a great Q.....um....I think it's natural to pull back when you've been hurt. You use the word, instinctively, and that seems to be it feels to me. Depending on the mind of the one who hurts, I evaluate the speaking about it or not. I am such a non-aggressive person, unless I feel hugely hurt or disrespected, I deal with it on my own....which hasn't always worked... ;-)

Best Answer

I instinctively just distance myself.

Best Answer

I am the type to place distance between me and someone if I'm hurt by them. I'd rather distance myself and give myself time than to explode immaturely and say something I might regret. Everything happens for a reason, but you can always change your mood but you can't take back your words!

Best Answer

I tried just distancing myself; for 11 years. Finally, I had to write her a letter and tell her how much she had hurt me.

Best Answer

yeah, I do my best to heal on my own, but in some cases, it felt like I could only get so far without having the other party know what they did to me. There was no response, but in the long run, it felt like it allowed me to finally let go of some of the pain that wouldn't go away. I don't know why it helped, but it did.

Best Answer

I agree. That is exactly it. She never responded to me either; but I felt that I had lanced a boil and let out all the poison that had been causing me pain for so long.

Best Answer

I use to distance myself and lick my wounds. Now I distance myself and take it like a grain of salt.

Best Answer

I distance myself a lot, but then I start to wonder if it's because I actually don't care enough about the people who hurt me (even though I should)

Best Answer

I feel that way about people who repeatedly abused me. I am like "good riddance...*****".

Best Answer