I called the doctor to ask for my mri results. The doctor's office said "okay, please stay on the line and I'll ask the doctor." Minutes went by. The woman on the other end of the line said "Ok, mr. ____, we'll call you back later today to talk bout it." My heart nearly sank.... If the test results were all negative, then they would just say so, wouldn't they. Crap.
Calicoder Calicoder 22-25, M 13 Answers Aug 14, 2012 in Health

No. It isn't necessarily bad news. Doctors are supposed to give test results, not receptionists. The doctor has to have time to review the results and look at what those results mean to your overall health. The might want to advise you to consider other factors in your day to day living. Don't worry. Give your doctor a chance to do his/her job properly.

Best Answer

Some of the results may not be back or the doctor was with a patient and could not get with you at the moment...If she had said you need to come back in then I would worry

Best Answer

No, it usually means they want to explain something and don't want some secretary trying to do it.

Best Answer

what could there be to explain, other than bad news? :/

Best Answer

Test results, negative or positive, are usually given by the doc so he can answer any questions you may have.

Best Answer

You need to loose five pounds, you need to watch something, or maybe they just want you to think your medical situation is something the secretary isn't privy to. Might be simple politeness.

Best Answer

Your over due bill maybe?

Best Answer

Answer the phone find out!

Best Answer

No that's usually a good sign, they ask you to come in when it's really bad news. Sorry you are sick. I hope you are ok :o)

Best Answer

Not necessarily. There's a good chance they couldn't find the report in the computer system or that the doctor hasn't reviewed it yet. Technically most offices do not release results that haven't been viewed.

Best Answer

Either the doctor was busy or the results weren't ready. It does not mean anything else. I have lots of medical problems and I have an MRI once a year. They don't get all dramatic over negative and positive test results and all that. That's something they do on TV but not in reality. Truth is the overwhelming statistical likelihood is that you're fine.

Best Answer

Doctor ******** always has good news!!

Best Answer

the medical profession is not known for tact

Best Answer