Sure. I've survived everything I've done to myself, and I kick ***.

Best Answer

To a degree, but it all depends on the nature and extent of the damage. The body is pretty good at healing itself.

Best Answer

I can think of two studies that would tend to reinforce this idea. One was where they checked to see how mentally health foster children were after they became adults. They found that these traumatized children had the resiliency to be able to grow into surprisingly normal adults. The other study was a follow up study on the group of athletic men who in the sixties had laid in bed for six weeks and no activity (they were weak as kittens, surprise!). Since blood pressure, body fat vs muscle, and a battery of vital signs and blood work under a variety of circumstances had been well documented when they were young and in their prime, someone decided to look up these paunchy old men 30-40 years later and document their state of health before and after they began an exercise regime. Before they were in bad shape like most semi sedentary old men but after a period of exercise under medical supervision, it was found that they bounced back to levels near to when they were younger. I wish I could remember the names of the studies and provide links, but sorry can't do it. Maybe somebody else might have more luck in finding them.

Best Answer

The answer is "Yes", if you know how to go about it. The human body is self-healing, provided it gets the nutrients and emotional/ thought behaviour it needs. The body is an absolutely amazing piece of equipment!

Best Answer

Yes it can. But it is up to you. If you carry any of it with you you may never get totally over the bad.

Best Answer

yes. i smoked cigarettes for 8 years. i did a lot of stuff such as coke and acid for a year. smoked spliffs constantly for a year. didn't refuse drink. it took me half a year of healthy living (exercise, sauna, diet, no smoking and taking general active care) to recover my internal and external body, so i would be natural me and look like 19. i am 25.<br />
i don't eat meat and don't drink coffee, drink a lot of water. it took me about half a year and now i enjoy myself.

Best Answer

I am fascinated by your question and can't wait to read the answers. I personally have no idea the answer. Great question!

Best Answer

Yes, there are always benefits. In fact, the average person underestimates the benefit of these changes, even when made later in life.<br />
Mitch has given a good example. <br />
It's a lot like saving money. It's always a good idea in the long run, but it works even better when you start earlier.

Best Answer