lovesiick lovesiick 18-21 6 Answers Jan 5, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

I have contact with all (sad to say) my ex's family members and my ex's too. <br />
You ask what it means? I call it showing them respect.

Best Answer

I'm married and my husband was texting his last exes mother the other day.. Why would he still want to show respect to his exes family if they got nothing to talk about now.

Best Answer

He could tell you that much easier than I could. I'm just sayin' there are lots of cases where you just worry about the folks who used to be such an active part in your life. It's not always indicative of something foreboding or negative.

Best Answer

It should be fine. It's not the ex is it? So he became friends with her family. He didn't break up with her folks. <br />
If you don't learn to chill, you're going to loose him.

Best Answer

They were a part of each others lives. I connect with my ex's and ex's families. I grew to care about them and only wish them the best. Some actually still feel like family.

Best Answer

Put " in contact " into more specifics........otherwise my thinking is, maybe to just wish her happy new year. Could be as innocent as that. <br />
My s / o of 27 years just early last year attended the funeral of his ex's father. You have to have faith in your marriage or it's due to fail.

Best Answer

That they actually got along. I still am in regular contact with my exes parents all the time. They are grandparents to my daughter and fantastic ones. Just because he and I divorced doesn't mean I divorced them.

Best Answer

That's understandable but I'm married and my husband was texting his exes mom the other day. He got upset when I found out. Plus they got no kids together so I feel that's different.

Best Answer

Just in the vein of, Food For Thought... perhaps he was "upset", not because you found out, but because he was "concerned" about your possible reaction... meaning, he knew you would try and make something out of it that it wasn't, and he didn't want to deal with That. (not sayin' it was... just something to think about)

Best Answer

I guess it depends on how you look at it. My son has exes where the parents really liked him and he stays in touch. The part that is a concern is that he was upset you found out. So if it were just keeping in touch? No issue, but hiding it? That is the issue. I hope you can pin him down on all of it.

Best Answer

This makes sense. I don't give my wife information that I know would upset her, (or at least I don't volunteer it, I'll tell the truth if I'm asked). She and I have had similar issues, because I'm still friends with most of my exes. In fact it's to the point that I can't introduce a female friend to her without her suspecting that she's an ex. All that aside, though, I do tend to get annoyed and defensive when she gets into interrogation mode. Afterwards, though, I'm likely to bring it up myself and apologize and try to explain.

Best Answer

I agree I think anyone can get upset in if they feel they are being interrogated. However I prefer the open communication relationship that I have now. If there is a question about a past episode we talk about it like adults. We chose to be together and I could not be happier in my life. I simply realized a long time ago....the past is just that past.

Best Answer