onestarrynight onestarrynight 51-55, M 19 Answers Feb 21 in Community

nothing...the star closest to ours would do us no harm by going supernova it would be a good light show though ;)

Best Answer

At a distance of only eight light years the gama ray burst would kill every living thing on earth right down to the smallest microbe most of our atmosphere would likely be ******** away..

Best Answer

I dont doubt that but the supernova is not possible for a star (our closest one) because of its size and state. It is Proxima Centauri 4.34 light years from earth about the size of our sun and is a red dwaft so it could not go supernova.

Best Answer

True but this was a hypothetical question..

Best Answer

We would ALL be crispy!!!<br />
There would be NOTHING left to do!!!

Best Answer

BA

Best Answer

In about eight years..

Best Answer

In a few weeks, i'd enjoy a spectacular light show - even though the bright light would keep me awake at night for a week or so). After that, it'd be back to business as usual.

Best Answer

In eight years you'd be toast..

Best Answer

max out my credit card

Best Answer

I like it!

Best Answer

I watch those videos all the time , any day could be our last .

Best Answer

We would mostly likely have a nice clean hole in our ozone la<x>yer from a gamma ray.

Best Answer

wouldn't care, we have no other stars in our SOL, so it wouldn't affect us

Best Answer

Our nearest neighbor is eight light years from here... WAY to close to survive that event.

Best Answer

Nothing different. That would take awhile to affect the earth.

Best Answer

In eight years we wouldn't have to worry about anything again.

Best Answer

I would enjoy every minute. I would waste it worrying. I couldn't change anything!

Best Answer

Probably wouldn't notice.

Best Answer

Your would definitely notice.

Best Answer

Can I come with you? :)

Best Answer

Sorry, can't risk it.

Best Answer

:(

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

That's just cold...

Best Answer

Just a girl and her towel. And her epic spaceship powered by some technology we have yet to create.

Best Answer

I always bring my towel when hitching across the galaxy..

Best Answer

It's the only way to travel.

Best Answer

Which star are you talking about? The closest star to Earth that could go supernova is Betelgeuse, 640 light years away, but it poses no threat.

Best Answer

Good of a time as ever to pick up bad habits

Best Answer

Nothing. I know doesn't matter what I did nothing will change the fact that we are all going to die

Best Answer

Correct..

Best Answer

We wouldn't see it for 4 years and it probably wouldn't effect much here, at most there might be a pulse of radiation but it would be dissipated over a large area, and the closest star is smaller than our sun.

Best Answer

The gama ray burst would kill us all

Best Answer

Gamma ray bursts from supernovae are very rare, and the chances of it coming this direction would be very small.

Best Answer

IF it were to happen at that distance, with or without a gama ray event we would still be killed. Our earth would die.

Best Answer

Umm no :)

Best Answer

Um yes...

Best Answer

Where's your evidence?

Best Answer

Do some research..

Best Answer

I did and you're wrong :)

Best Answer

Ok

Best Answer

Party like it's 1995.

Best Answer