Moose98 Moose98 26-30, F 28 Answers Oct 28, 2012 in Hobbies

This is a question that would take me far too long to answer. The condensed version of my explanation is this:

Everything happens for a reason, even the bad stuff.

Best Answer

What can 25,000 children starving to death a day ever possibly hope to achieve? your explanation is nonsense and you know it is... face up to it... there is no God... If there is explain why these children die in horrendous pain, have you ever considered these countries tend to be far more religious than 'we' are in the West? these starving people pray and beg God for help.... HE DOESN'T LISTEN, WHY? If you can't give a plausible reason then he just doesn't exist... wake up!

Best Answer

You apparently know nothing of the eastern philosophies as you claim. If you did, you would better understand the need for balance in nature and realize that if there is no bad, there can be no good. Try to look beyond your little bubble of perception regarding 'God'.

Best Answer

Not everyone in the west lives such a life of leisure. But yeah, I am. The world is not some fairytale where everyone lives forever and no one suffers. Death should not be feared, it is merely a transformation and a transport of energy. Without suffering, we would never know bliss.

Best Answer

"If there is a God why . . ." is a question as old as time and any answer for the nonbeliever (God is a myth or a drug or crutch) is inadequate even if the answer is longer than Obama's Health Care Law. You're no different than Job when he laments: "If I go to the east, God is not there; if I go to the west, I do not see Him. When He is at work in the north, I catch no sight of Him; when He turns to the south, I cannot see "(Job 23:8-9).

Christians (as well as politicians, family, friends, and others), will let us down even at some of the most critical and difficult times. Jesus learned this the hard way. When He was arrested—for no crime at all—and was about to be killed on a cross, all His disciples, His closest friends, ran away. They left Him at His darkest hour.

I don't know if God exists, I know my daughter exists, and my daughter is Christian and has gone to Africa and Central America to help children and in service to Jesus Christ, she has saved lives.

Best Answer

Could be that ther isn't a God?

Best Answer

Not that I am taking sides on this debate, but you know according to sacred texts, God has on numerous occasions sent down plagues, famines, and pestilences upon theworld.

Best Answer

You should be saying if there is peace harmony and freedom in africa why young people are not taken care after,and the answer is we don't have true spiritual leaders,our leaders are only there to enrich themselves and feed their greed only

Best Answer

If there is some sort of god, he, she, or it clearly doesn't give a damn about human suffering.

Best Answer

Two reasons:

1) If there is a god theirs may not be yours.

2) Drought or floods apart, most of the ruination is be human agency: wars, insurrections, etc., many being land-grabs but others in the name of A,N.Other god.

And if there is no god, as I believe, you've no god to use as a convenient, debate-closing scapegoat.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Read the 'Word" it tells you in detail.

(hint)

Free- will given to each one of us.

Best Answer

If the reason the world has so many horrible things in it is due to the fact that god gave us free will does that mean heaven is a place without free will.

Best Answer

the answer is simplicity itself, there is no sentient, omnipotent and benevolent being concerned with humanities welfare.

Best Answer

I'm atheist but this question has a valid answer. God created the planet and people and gave them free will to make their own decisions. People let children starve in Africa and most everywhere else. How can you be a living person especially one who believes God has instructed you to leave worldliness and material goods and give everything you can to the poor. I KNOW people like this but their religious beliefs seem to have so little to do with compassion. But lately it seems like it's Christian conservatives who don't give a damn about children starving. They're too busy griping about Obama phones and freeloaders taking away their right to infuse every aspect of life with their religious symbols and commandments.

Best Answer

I know, right.

Best Answer

For one, we have choice. To share what we have. Or to have wars. Or to neglect. Or to remain ignorant. Or to have sex and multiply. All sorts of reasons that starvation occurs. And it isn't about justice, as God didn't say there would be justice in the world. Only that, to an extent, we would reap what we sow.

And death is a real thing. An end to earthly life...that comes to young and old and in all sorts of circumstances. It almost never seems right or fair. To what degree should God intervene...not just for children in Africa, but for others as well...wherever our lives are in danger or filled with suffering?

God's existence does not eliminate the existence of evil or of pain or of the ramifications of human decisions or frailties.

Best Answer

That's because of what Man has done, not what God has done. Don't blame God for what we have made out of this world.

Best Answer

god is taking a vacation,

Best Answer

People choose their gods,but on earth have turned away from the Creator.

Best Answer

i believe there is a God but lack the understanding of his nature and thoughts and it often frustrates me to know about starving people anywhere on the planet and why it seems nothing happens about it

Best Answer

he's very busy here in america

Best Answer

God as the source, as the creator or the interfering God of the Atheists?

Best Answer

Another ridiculous cyclic premise that absolves the feebleminded from rational arguement.

Best Answer

Are you responding to my comment? B/c that was a question Olafsen.

Best Answer

............

::looks up at the sky and does my best to ignore this question:: lol

soooo many feels XD <3

Best Answer