Yes. And face it--fear of some god's or goddess' punishment doesn't seem to have kept humanity in the "good zone" all that well over the centuries

Best Answer

I would and have been doing the best I can for the people around me just so I can sleep at night.

Best Answer

I really can answer that haha<br />
But there are many people who Dont believe in a god..and are still good people<br />
and there are people who are horrible that claim to believe in god<br />
i think people would be a little more carless (expecially if thats the only reason they are being good)<br />
I dont think striving to be good should be in fear or a threat of a god<br />
I think it should come purley from the heart<br />
otherwise its false *goodness*<br />
people that are *good* beacuse they *have * to be<br />
and if there is a god.. you dont think he/she wouldnt know the only reason your doing it is beacuse your afraid ? haha<br />
*shrugs* <br />
i guess some people need fear to be good <br />
it feels Good to be Good to others

Best Answer

And if that IS the case (and *I* believe it IS) why would we even NEED God?

Best Answer

I agree completely. But do you think belief in SOME entity is needed? Sometimes, it's easier for me to say what I DON'T believe than what I DO believe...I do not believe in the "biblical" version, but am as yet unable to completely abandon the notion of there being SOMETHING...agnostic, I suppose.

Best Answer

My thoughts are that a belief in God allows us to accept that God will punish evil, thereby relieving us of the obligation (and feeling of guilt if we do nothing) to seek justice! Without God there would be much more evil due to efforts to right injustices. Also there would be a far higher level of guilt, worldwide. Gods may differ in different cultures for different reasons! The reason purposed by the question is one of minor importance in today's western culture. My studies in sociology suggest that it was more accurate in the past.

Best Answer

If you still got a good feeling from doing good, they would.

Best Answer

I don't like seeing people I care about, including strangers, suffer. I like to solve problems and fix things. Some would call this being good. I think regardless, you have some truly evil selfish people, eternal hell or not.

Best Answer

I belive people have free will and they choose to be treated or not to be threated by gods punishment or any o ther kind of puishment. a person would god to jail if they commited a crime weather the believed in god or not pbu it is their choice to do it or not I be GOOD not because i am threatend but form my own judge ment of my self and my relationship with god yes god is to be feared but not in abad sence and he should be no threat to any one every one has free will

Best Answer

i am unsure of a belief system at this point... i believe in energy/souls... but i think it just feels better on the inside to strive for goodness and to care for others. i don't fear punishment of any sort, but spite and angry energy are wasteful and hurt enough to try not to indulge in them too often.

Best Answer

Yes. I have no belief in God, yet I try to be good in my day to day life; it is a debt to pay for the privilege of being alive.

Best Answer

No cause they still do bad things even tho they believe in god now. They will argue that he forgives all sins well then WTF is the point?

Best Answer

Maybe some wouldn't . Atheist can be good moral people too. Virtue is it's own reward

Best Answer

I would like to think that we would. There are lots of Atheists that are good people.

Best Answer

Sure, or society would collapse. And disbelief in God only makes non-believers want to live longer since that is all they have.

Best Answer

Some would care - some wouldn't care and rape/murder etc.

Best Answer