It has done a good job with separating us (Atheist and Religious) in the physical world, but would it truly separate us in the afterlife? Wouldn't it be better to have only one set belief- To have NO set beliefs. There are many MANY beliefs one could have with our infinite brain. Why settle with one, when you can settle with many?
Enfinehti Enfinehti 18-21, F 8 Answers Mar 5, 2012

Those are some deep thoughts. My opinion on the matter is that there really is no hell. Almost every reference to hell in the bible uses the word Gehana, which is Jerusalem's city dump basically. After doing a lot of research, I've determined that there is only one afterlife and it is a place of love, light and union with the Source (God). Every religion contains part of the truth, but there's so much misinterpretation, opinion, etc. that the point gets missed. The point is that everyone needs to love each other, no matter what makes us different. Blind worship of something you don't understand is a complete waste of time and so is judging people. Our souls are already immortal and the only way we grow is to live in human form through various lives. I recommend checking out Michael Newton's books.

Best Answer

I definitely agree with you.

Best Answer

Many will be lead the wrong way by well meaning people.
Most who choose not to believe simply would rather not so that they can live any way they choose.

Best Answer

if you're at all curious, the books are called Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton. Using hundreds of cases of past-life hypnotic regression and life-between-life hypnotic regression, he has done a very good job of mapping out the spirit world.

Best Answer

@Sassysprite, I recommend that you read other literature than the Bible and stuff by Christian authors. There's a lot more out there than you realize.

Best Answer

Yea, I think I'll do that. It sounds really interesting. I'm thinking about getting DMT- The Spirit Molecule

Best Answer

haven't read it yet, but it's on my list. The Sourcefield Investigations by David Wilcock is also a must-read.

Best Answer

IF one believes in a good GOD, then one must also believe that he is not a tyrant and would not control us, even at the cost of watching us seperate ourselves from him, and each other.

Best Answer

I don't understand how they CANNOT see what kind of God they are worshiping.

Best Answer

Again, freedom of choice includes the freedom to make bad choices. Freedom of belief includes the freedom to not believe.

Best Answer

Exactly.
Believe that there is a possibility that God doesn't, believe that there is a magical unicorn awaiting for your arrival. :) Who knows!

Best Answer

Nothing can separate us from one another or from God.<br />
Love between God and men or between men themselves<br />
is unbreakable, unchaged, unlimited.<br />
The result of belief and disbelief is the fruit of love.<br />
God's love is always there: When we believe and love,<br />
we find that the fruit is sweet.<br />
When we don't believe and don't love, we find that the fruit is bitter.<br />
It is like we make progress in school or fail, <br />
That is the natural fruit of our choice, although the love<br />
of our parents for us is always there.<br />
Moreover, because of love, God and our parents<br />
always try to give us warnings, support us and never abandon us.

Best Answer

So you're suggesting that those who don't believe, don't love?

Best Answer

My suggestion is of no use.
He who believes will harvest the fruit of a believer.
He who doesn't believe, you know his harvest.
Finally, each individual freely and independently makes
his responsible choice.

Best Answer

Listen to the silence in your heart and you will know

Best Answer

There is no silence. It is full. Full of infinite possibilities. It's actually quite interesting to question your entire life. Rather than believing in one thing...and one thing only.

Best Answer

You have your answer :)

Best Answer

Believing in God is not enough to get you into heaven..Even the demons in hell believe in Him.<br />
You have to choose to have Jesus as your savior.Are You a sinner?

Best Answer

Everyone's a sinner.

Best Answer

Are you a sinner?

Best Answer

FOR SURE EVERYDAY.in little ways and big ones.I only asked to see if you realise you need a saviour

Best Answer

I am my saviour, my children are my saviours. Not everyone can depend on something that's not here in the physical world. But we should live the best way we can now...We should live life, to experience life. Rather than living life for God, just so you can be rewarded in the end.

Best Answer

You right and Your wrong.There is but 1 saviour and that is Jesus Christ.Yes we should all live life to the fullest and do the best we can while we are here.You stated you sin right? If there is not God how could there be any sin? You believe that there is a billion buck out there buy i'm sure you have never seen it or held it in your hand and yet you believe in it

Best Answer

Simple. Sin is man made. We created sin. We roll around in it. And even some of the 'religious sins' many do not agree with. I believe the sins are what most people will agree on as a group. IF you believe gays are going to hell, then that is just wrong. On any part. These are commandments made by man in the stone age, humans evolve, our brains evolve and start to figure out wrong and right on it's own. I bet you've held a man made book that likes to add fiction to facts...yet you believe in it. It's hard for me to believe that EVERYONE in this universe is going to hell. This is what your bible states. You said it yourself. EVERYONE SINS. They will continue to sin, thus being sent to hell for eternity. And you can believe what you want. It's hard for me to believe in religion.

Best Answer

I am not sure that God is exclusively "good". If he is all things then he is at least capable of "bad". Like maybe he'd even be capable of ... flooding the earth or... destroying whole cities. Maybe the "good" part is just his expectation of our behavior.

Best Answer