genuineimpulse genuineimpulse 41-45 6 Answers Oct 27, 2012 in Community

As I understand it, cold fronts are low pressure zones and hurricanes are high pressure zones. Nature always trys to fill a void, so the hurricane turns into the low pressure area.

I could be wrong of course....might just be that like most LA drivers it's had it's right blinker on for the last 2 miles so of course it's going to turn left ;-)

Best Answer

The storm doesn't turn, per se...it spins, in and of itself, but it can't move to a different location without being pushed by steering winds.

There were two storms in the last year that got nowhere near my area (SC low country), but the outer-most bands 2were brushing our coast. Every hour, we would be DELUGED with rain for about 15-20 minutes as that band spun past. Then the sun would shine and everything would be fine until WHOOSH. There were no steering winds from any direction, so the storms just sat out there. The water was warm enough to maintain the spin....just no winds to move them along for a day or two.

Best Answer

It turns on the left-hand blinker?

Best Answer

These are the effects of pressure differences - it's amazing it is -- without it a plane would fly

Best Answer

I think you mean "a plane would not fly"?
Very small pressure differences too, just a few tens of milliBars even across a major storm, but in a huge volume of air sprawled over a huge area.

Best Answer

yes - keyboard doesn't listen sometimes - might need a pressure washing

Best Answer