barefootb barefootb 46-50 8 Answers Aug 7, 2012 in Community

Mankind doesn't see rape, ********** and serial murder, to just mention a few, as just socially unacceptable behavior, like, say, picking your nose at the dinner table. Rather, these acts are perceived as a moral abominations - acts of evil. On the flip side, love, equality and self-sacrifice are not just perceived as socially advantageous, like, say, bringing a girl flowers on a first date, but, instead are treated as things that are truly good. Now, animals don't have objective morals so we certainly didn't “inherit” these from them. Morals do not come from science because science, by it's very nature, is amoral. Where, then, do we get our universal objective morals from? Consider the following: (1) If God does not exist, objective moral values and duties do not exist (2) objective moral values and duties do exist (3) Therefore, God exists :)

Best Answer

John Galt.

Best Answer

Moral codes are essentially a distillation of our behaviour that we have needed throughout history and pre-history to survive. We don't need some notion of god to behave properly to our fellow human beings - we need moral codes to keep our tiny little tribe surviving and everyone within it functioning properly. That means no stealing, no killing of anyone in our own tribe - and obviously don't go knobbing our neighbours wife because he will be less likely to raise offspring that isn't his.

Etc etc.

We've not really changed that much from the hunter gatherer in our attitudes and outlooks - but society surely has and it's gotten more complex but the basic principles aren't any different.

To say that we have been given these things by god is actually a contradiction to your own philosophy because that implies we're incapable of free will and an inherent ability to take care of one another.

Best Answer

moral "CODES " society given codes about how should you act and what is right or wrong.

conscience is what god has put inside your heart ..being a human " you know what i mean :)

Best Answer

i have no clue about how we were made dont know no if theres a god or not but i think morals come from how you feel about things and i guess sometimes that is influenced my enviroment but im pretty sure the reasons you feel about stuff comes from your own head

Best Answer

we were made in Gods image and likeness...we have the mind of Christ,and feeling is stimulated by an inbedded code of what is right and wrong....and the law of God defines precisely what is right or wrong,and he gave the choice for us to choose any way....and we have that little part of God in all of us,called consciense,which the ten commandments stimulate by means of inherrent morals...

Best Answer

that is an intresting point of view and i dont have much knowledge on tht stuff but isnt there something about like freedom of will or something i dont know

Best Answer

I don't believe in God, my morals come from my own sense of what's right and what's wrong.

Best Answer

Man has morals,all nations have morals,God has morals,so because there is general morals,therefore there has to be God...

Best Answer

Incorrect my morals come from life experience, your version of right and wrong may come from a mythical being, mine comes from learning from life and not wishing to harm others.

Best Answer

right and wrong is captured in the ten commandments,which was given by God...why would you not steal...because its wrong...?Says who!Will you murder?No...why not....what prevents you to murder...your sense of right and wrong...your morals...dictated by the ten Commandments...given by God....oh ...who knows.God was the only One that innitiated right and wrong...BY HIS LAW OF ETHICS AND MORALS

Best Answer

Incorrect, take for example the commandment though shalt not steal, if I had kids and they were starving I would in my opinion be morally right to steal in order to feed them. As another example adultery, I'm a single woman so it's not possible for me to commit adultery, however I wouldn't wish to sleep with a married man because I believe it's wrong. You are projecting your own views on morals onto others rather than hearing what they are saying to you.

Best Answer

all myths spring from an original truth,and morals of mythical creatures were first identified by God in the ten commandments...see also the gilgamesh epic....and all morals were coppied from Gods original mnuscript...the ten commandments....and the myth of Satan,knew exactly what apposed God originally,even before the ten commandments...so Gods Myth existed way before other myths...

Best Answer

That's doesn't mean I personally buy into those myths, you have right to do so if you wish. I chose not to. As I have already said my morals are shaped by life experience, not based on a myth.

Best Answer