tjschira tjschira 22-25 9 Answers Feb 1, 2013 in Politics

I imagine, at the very least, it would cross my mind.

Best Answer

Why couldn't I do it legally?

Best Answer

Have you ever obtained a residency visa to live somewhere? Ever gone through the processes of getting a work visa? It is an extremely difficult and complicated process even for someone doing it at their leisure from the US- which is a desirable country to come from, with a well run state department to assist you. For a one year residency permit with the possibility of getting a work visa in Turkey I needed to produce evidence of $3,600 in a Turkish and account in my name or a recordorg $3,600 in exchanged cash. For my work permit I needed to get authorized copies of my teaching certification, college, and high school diplomas as well as the long form copy of my birth certificate and a passport. All of the names had to match exactly, which ended up being a hassle because for some ungodly reason my mother gave me two middle names but only one us on my high school diploma. Now imagine trying to do that in a stricter system without linguistic help, money, resources, or the willingness of your home country and institutions.

Best Answer

Oh dear, it's difficult..guess that gives us the right to ignore the law of the country we wish to immigrate to.

Best Answer

You asked why you couldn't do it legally and I tried to explain to you the mitigating factors. This isnt your great grandparents immigration policy, so likening it to that just reveals people's utter failure to comprehend the reality of immigration policy today. You think the Irish brought their notarized birth certificates and passports over with them in the 1850s? Did the Germans come with duplicate copies of their diplomas and certifications? Current immigration policy is more like japanese and Chinese exclusion than anything else, except rather than Northern European immigration, except it excludes people living in absolute poverty coming from everywhere rather than two countries. We've evolved from downright racism to bureaucratically enforced classism, that allow people like you to look at those who struggle to save them selves anyway with a feeling of righteous condescension.

Best Answer

Did you think x, y, z did it? No, so it must be ok. Sorry, that's not how logic works. You can't justify modern day actions, impacted by laws, the economy, population and so forth, with actions that happened more than a century and a half ago. "People like you to look at those who struggle to save them selves anyway with a feeling of righteous condescension." Whew, that's quite the character assassination you have going there. I don't feel at all self-righteous. The law should be obeyed. Coming here illegally does nothing for us and shows utter disrespect for the country, its citizens, those who came here legally and its laws. There's no getting by that.

Best Answer

I would love to move to the EU.

Best Answer

Yep.....that's why I have tons of sympathy for those who do....It's not "criminal " to desire to be able to have a safe and healthy life.

Best Answer