I mean, just walk right up to someone less fortunate than you are and give them a million dollars, even if you do it just once in your life. I would do it, at least 3 times in my lifetime, if I could.
inventorsclub10 inventorsclub10 31-35, F 27 Answers Mar 7, 2011

That would be a blast, but I would rather find a homeless family to give it to. There are way too many homeless families out there.<br />
**response. I catch your drift. I suppose I'm a touch judgmental because I spent a long time on the streets and a million dollars would be a death sentence for at least 80% of the people I knew. They would be happy though! Honestly, drugs, alcohol (same thing.) and mental illness causes the vast majority of homelessness. (for me it was all three!) Weird-chemicals put me on the streets and chemicals took me off the streets.Sorry. I know you didn't ask for all this.... Yes it would be a blast to give someone on the streets a million dollars!!

Best Answer

But honey, what's the chances of you meeting an entire homeless family on the street? Why are we making it so complicated? I mean someone, that someone could have a family or also in desperate need of money, right.

Best Answer

No. I would build homeless motels. Rent free places for the chronically homeless to crash in their own room. with their own bathroom and kitchenette. The only caveat would be no illegal drugs. I'd give one or two of them the jobs of maid service to make sure the rooms are clean and they have cash in their pockets. All shelters out there are built upon trying to spread a message or word and make money from donations, not actually providing a safe space for people and that is why a lot of homeless people that sleep on the streets don't want to jump through these places "hoops".

Best Answer

And in the end you're going to end up spending more than a million, if you're talking about quality.

Best Answer

No, I think I could find a better way to throw away a million dollars!<br />
I would rather find a young family that is working hard to take care of their kids. Some one that does'nt give up and walk away when things get tough. Some one that will shovel **** before they let their kids go hungry.<br />
Or, find an elderly couple that has raised their family and now they are struggling. I would give it to them as gift of gratitude for a job well done.

Best Answer

An individual can see rough times, working hard and need the money as well, but understand you. I didn't mean for it to be so serious and complex.

Best Answer

Not to someone on the street. Rather, either I'd donate it to a shelter/organization, or plan to build up a shelter/create a program in the city myself to contribute to the cause. I'm not trying to sound like I look down on homeless people, but for some people, all the money in the world would still not be enough to give them a secure future.

Best Answer

But a million dollars can give that person a start, especially if they invest it wisely.

Best Answer

i'm not greedy, and if i were that rich........ i would probably do it every year at Xmas

Best Answer

I'd rather donate to a trustworthy charity or give to someone/people I felt would use it well and deserved something like that. Because a person looks particularly unfortunate on the street doesn't mean they are going to use it in better ways than someone also less fortunate but less noticeably. There was a documentary done where a random homeless man was given a large sum of money, could have changed his whole life around but he totally blew it all and ended up homeless again shortly after. That money could have done a lot of help otherwise, helped homeless children, animals, multiple peoples cancer treatment, someones education.... SO many things.

Best Answer

I'd rather distribute the million dollars to more people, making more happy.<br />
makes no sense giving one person.

Best Answer

If I had a a $1 million to give away........<br />
It would go straight to Rmi scanners for childrens CANCER Hospitals,<br />
Children are our future, <br />
WE should not let them die young, we need to do more for these unfortunate, so young, boys and girls.....<br />
Nobody would change my choice here, nobody...................!

Best Answer

I agree with you 100%, but sadly we can't save them all. There's never enough money to save the sick and hungry; well actually we can, if we would give more.

Best Answer

Yes, but make's sure the person need's it before giving.

Best Answer

What would you make sure?

Best Answer

I would entertain the idea of giving money to a cause. However, when you give to a charity, most of it goes to the people asking for the money and less than 95% goes to the people who need this money. I found this out years ago and quit giving to almost anything. I will give blood and work in a soup kitchen. I have also given blankets and gloves to homeless centers. Money has a way of going into deep pockets.

Best Answer

Yeah, they do take the money.

Best Answer

No, I wouldn't do it. Too many examples of when people getting huge amounts of money out of nowhere spend it fast on stupid things and go broke again instead of getting out of the hole they're in.<br />
If I ever be rich to the point have A LOT of money (there's never too much money), I would do charity. <br />
I would pay for expensive operations for kids from poor families, pay for school and uni for smart kids from families that can't afford it and such. But anonymously, so not to be taken advantage of. <br />
Free clinic, animal shelter, organization to take care of the elderly who have no family and such.<br />
Lots of ideas actually.

Best Answer

A lot would agree with you.

Best Answer

Yes i would. In alot of ways street people have befriend me and some more like family 2 me.

Best Answer

Cool

Best Answer

i would,yes no questions asked, i would also give as much as i could to families with sick children to help with meds and so they can stay home and focus on thier child and not have to work.<br />
good question!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Love you maaaan

Best Answer

awesome answer!!!

Best Answer

Charity organizations, poor families, build schools (no fees), house for old people who not cared by their kids (i feel so sad whenever i know this), rehabilitation, buying back the prostitutes and kids in human trading and return them to their families.....<br />
still available..? hmm.... i want to buy an island, create a small colony or country and make my own country... lol.... strictly rules will be establish and no one can escape it. Well, just an idea.... i am tired for all the countries, no mercy, no caring for the people... all is about money politics and power...

Best Answer

i have given a reasonable amount of money to someone on the street once at christmas...they were alchoholic and a ex teacher. their pet name was Titanic because no amount of alcohol could sink them. The money I gave could have killed him. for that reason alone and same re drug users it could kill them i wouldnt do it.<br />
i would buy them a house and or give to charities etc

Best Answer

How much did you give? If you don't mind me asking.

Best Answer

y not it can b gud for tht person and also me atleast i'll get blessings frm tht person :p

Best Answer

huh?

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Ausome.

Best Answer

Why would I give it to a stranger, I know plenty of deserving people. I hate most of you.

Best Answer

Depends on WHO you're talking about. Strange people can be poor and good people too.

Best Answer

I wouldn't just give to one person. I would spread it around to everyone on the street.

Best Answer

Do that in addition

Best Answer

Absolutely. I think it's disgusting for people to sit on millions of dollars. Knowing that someone has millions of dollars sitting in the bank makes me lose respect for them.

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer