"SLEEP!"........".OBEY!".......".CONSUME!"

Best Answer

Well that's how they like to condition us, but is it really what we want?

Best Answer

I vote and still get shafted. The only people to vote for are the ones with the most money. We keep getting the choise of which idiot is the best idiot for the job but they are both idiots so neither one is good.

Best Answer

We don't have to respond to big advertising bucks. Create a simple policy statement for each candidate, with a CV.. Post it to everyone. Let them decide on policies. Or put up a wider choice of candidates, and promote them via the net.

Best Answer

My attitude exactly. If you don't vote you voluntarily give up the right to ***** - and you end up giving up other rights as well.

Best Answer

Voting is not as important to the process as it should be. Nevertheless, voting is important, and without it we have virtually NO voice at all. After all the African Americans and women who have DIED to get the right ti vote, I feel something of an obligation to demonstrate my appreciation for such sacrifices made. That said, popular vote should be more important than electoral college and we should have several names on the ballot, not two. The party system could vanish as far as I care, but humans are driven to label everything to death.

Best Answer

compulsory? No, it is not a requirement...sometimes I wish it were. Ignorant people say "I don't vote because it doesn't matter"...Well, NOTHING IS EVER going to change or get better if people get complacent and just ignore the whole process!

Best Answer

Vote for whom? I suppose I'd like to see if Obama can actually accomplish anything...but he'll need another term to even get close. The notion that this is a representitive government is a farce. It's is all about the top 1%, and the multi-national corporations. Don't fool yourself.

Best Answer

teh government may be influenced by corporations,but it's the people who put the politicians there. Without the vote they haven't a chance. If we don't like the choices, find people who will represent the policies we want. or, give them sufficient majority vote to be able to do the job effectively.
Less than half of Americans vote. Many of these are the ones who most need changes to laws which support corporate greed. If these people vote, that could make all the difference needed.

Best Answer

but what happens when you vote for someone who turns out to be an arsehole?

Best Answer

Watergate. Clinton. Either shamed or voted out of office... but much preferable to civil war.

Best Answer