I don't think so. Choosing not to prolong your pain - as well as the pain of those you love - when treatment will not help, is not suicide. It is facing reality, and sparing your loved ones the pain of seeing you slowly fade away.<br />
I recently learned that I am terminal, with no hope for a cure. I do not believe in suicide - I think it is wrong - but after much consideration, I have decided that there is no point in treatments that will not save me, but only extend my suffering and that of the people who care for me. If I'm to die, I want minimal suffering for all, particularly the people I love! I'm going to die no matter what, and I absolutely will not let them suffer through watching me die any longer than necessary.<br />
I am absolutely decided on my choice about no treatment. The only thing I still have a problem with is... How the hell do I tell them that I'm going to die?

Best Answer

you should just tell them. they need to know. i love you.

Best Answer

Love you too, sis... Glad I can talk to you for now. :)

Best Answer

I don't think so in my opinion. I deal with pain 24/7 and figure if I ever had something terminal, I couldn't go through one more thing i.e. say chemo and more pain, so I would stop treatment. I don't consider it suicide, I consider it spending the last few weeks, months whatever of my life, my way, and with dignity. people around you should understand this or at least try to understand and respect your wishes.

Best Answer

No i don't think so..but very sad :(

Best Answer

Not if it's doing no good. wish you would add me.

Best Answer

I donno... I wouldn't know what 2 think or do either! ): maybe stopping them is actually the natural way god would have the body deal with the illness until death. That way you actually live some without all the harsh treatments...seems like sometimes they alone can kill you...xoxo. hey you know? Just thought of that and I think if you DON'T want 2 die in your heart then no its not suicide. Plus, I don't think god is in the box...

Best Answer

Not technically; you're not actively killing yourself, but allowing yourself to die without using heroic measures.

Best Answer

No. Not at all

Best Answer