noshadow noshadow 61-65, M 8 Answers Oct 15, 2010

I am a nursing supervisor of a nationally renound childrens hospital. It is illegal for any hospital emergency dept to refuse treatment or turn away a patient in need. The financial dept will make arrangements for payments if necessary, and if you agree to pay even $20.00/month it will satisfy your account. If you refuse to make arrangements they will obtain judgements. I am merely stating the law here, as a nurse I don't care what insurance you do or don't have, what ethnicity you are, what country you're from, what religion yu are or aren't. I don't work on comission, I work from the heart in response to a calling I feel.

Best Answer

They cannot turn you away. They will stabilize you. Paying for this is another matter.

Best Answer

depends on the first person you encounter

Best Answer

My former sister-in-law had her baby in the hospital...28 years ago....she's had a great job for years now....and she STILL hasn't paid the hospital for that....

Best Answer

Legally they can't turn you away. They'll just make you pay off a medical bill for the rest of your life. <br />
Not that it matters. I have health insurance and I got a tetanus shot three weeks ago. The bill came to $118, my insurance cover $18 of it. I'm so glad to have coverage, I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have that extra $18 in my pocket!

Best Answer

Of course they won't turn you away! They'll gather you up in their arms and proceed to rake you over the nearest coal...and then send you the bill. Those doctors and nurses may save your life and you should be grateful, but I see no need for you to have to give them your firstborn.

Best Answer