i take care of so many people all the time. for my job and in my personal life as well. its very challenging to focus on yourself when you're putting so much time and effort into someone else. you definitely aren't a priority in situations like this. but i really think it takes practice to know when you need to step back and take care of yourself. maybe one day a week or even for at least a few hours a week, try having some time doing something you enjoy. <br />
Also realize that these people you take care of actually play an integral role in your motivation. You make yourself get up even when you're tired because you know they're depending on you.

Best Answer

I like what u suggested about makeing time for yourself maybe 1 day a week or a few hrs a week. As it's hard to be of help to others when we ourselves are not doing well.

Best Answer

I want to make sure the rest of them are taken care of more than I cause I really don't deserve it till I know they are better and when I do try to take care of myself I only have time to do a small amount of it be fore I have to help again cause I feel like if I slack off from helping them I will be forgotten and my good that I do don't seem to out weigh the time I did for myself as I don't deserve it.

Best Answer

Everybody deserves to be taken care of includeing you so please don't think you not worth it just the fact you are helping others proves you are a good person. Bless you for what you do and take time out for you.

Best Answer

taking care of others in all ways that i am able to possibly do it, is a therapy to me. It may push my **** aside, but I make personal time every day even if only 15 minutes to deal and cope and decompress my own crap. You can do it thru meditation, writting, therapy with a doctor, etc...

Best Answer

Great to hear that you take time out for you and all the methods you are useing to decompress are great tools in helping one to deal with our own issues. People who help others and have the wisdom to also look after themselves are wise.

Best Answer

I took care of my Grandma and then my Mom until they died. I completely forgot to take care of myself both times. The stress was so overwhelming that I didn't eat, rarely showered, and turned away help every step of the way. I wouldn't recommend the way I dealt with things to anyone.<br />
Both times I flew back home (after months) feeling exhausted, overwhelmed (in shock), and so thin you could count my ribs. Completely fugly.

Best Answer

I'm so sorry u had such a difficult and also sad time.
We all learn from situations in our lives and so if there is another time I'm sure you would do it differently and also take time out for yourself.

Best Answer