If you don't believe in God, why does it bug you if someone says they believe in God? That is IF it does bug you, of course. All answers welcome though. :)
OnewithJC OnewithJC 36-40, F 20 Answers Aug 28, 2012 in WTK

It doesn't bother me if someone believes or doesn't believe ... What does bother me is when either side begins the your wrong I am right rhetoric ... Freedom of religion as well as freedom from religion is my motto

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

It doesn't bug me until they start to push their beliefs on me .

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

I believe in God, what others think is not my concern, nor is it my place to judge. The beliefs of others has no direct impact on my life and everyone is entitled to come to thier own conclusions. I will not engage in debates or try to sway anyone's opinion. There has been far too much persecution and bloodshed over religious beliefs throughout history.

Best Answer

I was answering in the context of the question only.

Best Answer

I got what you were saying humblerider. Thanks. :)

Best Answer

Im not a believer but I have a few friends who r and they believe religion is something u either u do or u don't .also not to try and crame religion down every ones throat

Best Answer

The American approach to creeds is quite individualistic (not so bad) and consumeristic (not so good). The idea is people can believe anything, they love to form communities and live in cultural ghettoes. While this can create a peaceful environment (or should, because the truth is people get bored in ghettoes and need challenges), it also means losing the idea of a human community, with people from different cultures and beliefs talking, sometimes vigorously with each other.

So, I wonder if it's such a bad thing that we should be offended by each other sometimes, at least we're talking.

Best Answer

I hear you but not all talk is beneficial. Sometimes, biting or learning to control one's tongue is the best choice. Speaking should never precede thinking.

Best Answer

But we all think differently, and some people are even insulted you should think and not bleat like a sheep. Also our thoughts are formed as we talk too.

Best Answer

Focus, please....I asked about you. :) We may all think differently but we all have similar abilities. So even though our thoughts are formed as we talk, does not mean that a person can not choose to slow down and stop....take a moment to evaluate what they will say before saying it, right? It would be no wonder to me why there are so many issues if that is the way everyone does things, saying anything and everything without thought. Blessings to ya. :)

Best Answer

I don't care either way as long as it isn't being shoved down my throat.

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

It doesn't bother me, unless they are insulting or rude about my belief.

Best Answer

I agree with you very much. I don't force my faith on anyone and try to be respectful of their non belief. However there is a growing group that is very disrespectful of people with faith. They make fun, insult, and generally act as though they are much smarter than people that have a belief. I find this very upsetting although I still try to treat them with respect.

Best Answer

There is as big of forceful, self-serving "Christians" who do the same to Atheists. If you don't believe me, go to youtube and check it out. Either side, force-feeding another adult, is wrong. I don't care which side you are on.

Best Answer

Very true Abbey! :)

Best Answer

I am believing God. And don't care about who believe God or not. But I hate when some people blame and insult God without a reason. If they don't believe God, it is okay. But I don't know why the hell they insult him. Maybe they scare to God.

Best Answer

But how do you know if someone has a reason or not? How can someone insult God? What do you mean? I think I understand....like if someone has a belief that God is a *********? You mean that type of belief, right? Yeah, I don't get that line of thinking. I wonder where they come up with such ideas. And since I have yet to hear any reason, I don't get it.

Best Answer

Don't you ever had seen people insulting God? O.o I had seen a lot.
I didn't get what you said at the end. And ******* I don't know what is that?

Best Answer

No, I have seen men who are offended because someone says something about God. But how ridiculous is that? Very ridiculous! God cannot be mocked, nor can He be insulted. He is God! Oh EP blocks out words they should not block out. I said p e d o p h i l e, they block it. I was asking you to clarify about what you meant when you say offending God. Like when people say stupid things, such as if they said something like, "God is a p e d o p h i l e"? If so, I hear you but that still is not a person insulting God. To me, they insult their own intelligence though.

Best Answer

I believe in God, and it doesn't bug me if someone believes in no God or a different God. It might bug God, but it doesn't bug me.

Best Answer

Absolutely.

Best Answer

Good point. If you have so much faith in something, why does it bother you that someone tells you otherwise?

But then againm, it is pretty much someone telling you that what you believe in isn't real.. That could make one angry, right?

I don't believe in God.. Btw.

Best Answer

Interesting. I never saw it as that before. I could see how if that were the case, how that could anger someone. But I am wondering why that would be for either side. You don't believe in God and I do believe in God. How does this change anything for us?

Best Answer

I agree with you. :)

Best Answer

I was expecting some details in 'details'. Anyway,

Personally it does not bug me at all and I am a believer. I pity people who argue about existence or otherwise of God. It is an argument where no one wins.

Best Answer

Details? What kind of details?

Best Answer

Your question description says
"If you believe in God, why does it bug you if someone says they don't believe in God? "See details...."

Best Answer

Oh because there wasn't enough room to ask the whole question. I was interested in hearing both sides. I didn't want to separate the questions either. :)

Best Answer

Did you have any details in mind?

Best Answer

No.No. I was actually looking at the details part of your question looking for more details as you suggested in your main question.

Best Answer

Ah-ha, I will take that into consideration for any question I post in the future. Thanks. :)

Best Answer