If you don't believe in God, why does it bug you if someone says they believe in God? That is IF it does bug you, of course. All answers welcome though. :)
OnewithJC OnewithJC 36-40, F 21 Answers Aug 28, 2012 in WTK

It doesn't bother me if someone believes or doesn't believe ... What does bother me is when either side begins the your wrong I am right rhetoric ... Freedom of religion as well as freedom from religion is my motto

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

It doesn't bug me until they start to push their beliefs on me .

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

I believe in God, what others think is not my concern, nor is it my place to judge. The beliefs of others has no direct impact on my life and everyone is entitled to come to thier own conclusions. I will not engage in debates or try to sway anyone's opinion. There has been far too much persecution and bloodshed over religious beliefs throughout history.

Best Answer

I was answering in the context of the question only.

Best Answer

I got what you were saying humblerider. Thanks. :)

Best Answer

Im not a believer but I have a few friends who r and they believe religion is something u either u do or u don't .also not to try and crame religion down every ones throat

Best Answer

The American approach to creeds is quite individualistic (not so bad) and consumeristic (not so good). The idea is people can believe anything, they love to form communities and live in cultural ghettoes. While this can create a peaceful environment (or should, because the truth is people get bored in ghettoes and need challenges), it also means losing the idea of a human community, with people from different cultures and beliefs talking, sometimes vigorously with each other. <br />
So, I wonder if it's such a bad thing that we should be offended by each other sometimes, at least we're talking.

Best Answer

I hear you but not all talk is beneficial. Sometimes, biting or learning to control one's tongue is the best choice. Speaking should never precede thinking.

Best Answer

But we all think differently, and some people are even insulted you should think and not bleat like a sheep. Also our thoughts are formed as we talk too.

Best Answer

Focus, please....I asked about you. :) We may all think differently but we all have similar abilities. So even though our thoughts are formed as we talk, does not mean that a person can not choose to slow down and stop....take a moment to evaluate what they will say before saying it, right? It would be no wonder to me why there are so many issues if that is the way everyone does things, saying anything and everything without thought. Blessings to ya. :)

Best Answer

I don't care either way as long as it isn't being shoved down my throat.

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

It doesn't bother me, unless they are insulting or rude about my belief.

Best Answer

I agree with you very much. I don't force my faith on anyone and try to be respectful of their non belief. However there is a growing group that is very disrespectful of people with faith. They make fun, insult, and generally act as though they are much smarter than people that have a belief. I find this very upsetting although I still try to treat them with respect.

Best Answer

There is as big of forceful, self-serving "Christians" who do the same to Atheists. If you don't believe me, go to youtube and check it out. Either side, force-feeding another adult, is wrong. I don't care which side you are on.

Best Answer

Very true Abbey! :)

Best Answer

I believe in God, and it doesn't bug me if someone believes in no God or a different God. It might bug God, but it doesn't bug me.

Best Answer

Absolutely.

Best Answer

Good point. If you have so much faith in something, why does it bother you that someone tells you otherwise?<br />
But then againm, it is pretty much someone telling you that what you believe in isn't real.. That could make one angry, right?<br />
I don't believe in God.. Btw.

Best Answer

Interesting. I never saw it as that before. I could see how if that were the case, how that could anger someone. But I am wondering why that would be for either side. You don't believe in God and I do believe in God. How does this change anything for us?

Best Answer

I agree with you. :)

Best Answer

I was expecting some details in 'details'. Anyway,<br />
Personally it does not bug me at all and I am a believer. I pity people who argue about existence or otherwise of God. It is an argument where no one wins.

Best Answer

Details? What kind of details?

Best Answer

Your question description says
"If you believe in God, why does it bug you if someone says they don't believe in God? "See details...."

Best Answer

Oh because there wasn't enough room to ask the whole question. I was interested in hearing both sides. I didn't want to separate the questions either. :)

Best Answer

Did you have any details in mind?

Best Answer

No.No. I was actually looking at the details part of your question looking for more details as you suggested in your main question.

Best Answer

Ah-ha, I will take that into consideration for any question I post in the future. Thanks. :)

Best Answer

I have never understood why people feel the need to defend and protect their god. They believe their god is the only god and is all powerful, all knowing, all seeing. If I've got it wrong, then god will deal with me when I die, so why do humans get their knickers up their crack about it? mx:))

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply. I can only speak for myself and I am sure that is what some people are doing. I believe in God. And I think that is silly, since God can defend Himself. Any issue I have pertains to my freedom of speech and religion. I cannot imagine seeking anyone to convert (or pervert is what I say) them. If someone tells you that something is a sin, simply tell them that you do not believe like they do, hopefully they will move on. Sadly, this is not always the case and then whatever happens next, in my opinion, is on them. When a Christian sees someone sinning, they are supposed to say something because whatever we choose to do, right or wrong, influences others. But there is a fine line between warning and bullying. And you cannot say that it is wrong to speak up against something you believe is wrong because everyone speaks up when they think something is wrong. Did that make sense? What are your thoughts on what I said?

Best Answer

I do not understand your issues of needing to interfere with other people's freedom by telling them that in your opinion they are committing a sin. When you see someone do something that You consider to be a sin, then the only appropriate action is to decide that you will not do the same thing, otherwise we are going to find all religions criticising each other and then there will always be folks who, in the name of their religion, will escalate the situation into violence and then we end up in war.... this has happened many times. Religion is a personal choice: your jesus told you to go quietly into a closet to prayer, not to make a big show of it. Each of us travels a path to the same destination, we each go by different ways and the only healing action that helps humanity is love, not hatred and not criticism. mx:))

Best Answer

I realize that you don't believe in God but that doesn't make Him any less real. Did you come into the world on your own? Did you create yourself? Of course you did not. Although, I do not personally go up to everyone that I see, who is sinning and confront them. That is weird but if someone tells me that something I am doing is a sin, which I know it is not true for myself (this has happened before), then I ignore them and let God handle them since they judged me unrighteously. It is no biggie, I know that they are the ones that will be judged for giving their opinion in lieu of God's Word, which tells us not to do that.

Here is my thought to you, since you do the same thing....why do you feel the need to interfere with someone's freedom of speech? You do so because you believe the person is wrong in their belief right? So you are in fact doing exactly the thing you have a problem with others doing. So why?

As far as Jesus, that is NOT what He has told me to do. For one, you are taking His Word out of context because you do not believe or understand the Truth. If there is only one destination then don't be worried about how anyone else gets there. I guess the person who gives their opinion about sin will get to the same destination as you, so I am confused to your issue....

Best Answer

YOU do not realise correctly. I do believe in god: I DO NOT believe in the junk that religions propagate in their own name. Even your bible has been rewritten and edited to serve popes, not god. Your bible allows for sexual abuse and rape of women.... is that really the word of god? Moreover, I am not interfering with your freedom of speech, I am responding to your question.... mx:/

Best Answer

So are saying that you believe in Jesus Christ? If you claim you believe in Jesus and you don't believe in the Word of God, Jesus speaks about that. And no, the Bible does NOT allow for sexual abuse and rape of women. I did not say that you were interfering with my freedom of speech. It seems that you are saying that the freedom of speech and religion of others are interfering in your rights. Is that what you are saying?

Best Answer

Read your bible... Deuteronomy.

Best Answer

I have read my Bible. Where in Deuteronomy are you referring?

Best Answer

Maybe this will help you....

The Bible does address the issue of rape. As expected, when the Bible mentions the crime of rape, it is depicted as a gross violation of God’s design for the treatment of the human body (Genesis 34). The Bible condemns rape whenever it is mentioned. For example, there is a particular passage in the laws given to the nation of Israel before entering the Promised Land under Joshua’s leadership. This passage (Deuteronomy 22:13-29) spoke directly against forcing a woman into a sexual encounter against her will, or what we know today as rape. This command was meant to protect women and to protect the nation of Israel from committing sinful actions.

Deuteronomy 22:25-27 mentioned the punishment the Mosaic Law commanded for a man who raped a woman. The man was to be killed by stoning while the woman was considered innocent. Though the Mosaic Law was for the nation of Israel during the time of Moses, the principle is clear that rape was sinful in the eyes of God and led to the most extreme punishment possible—death for the rapist.

There are some difficult passages in the Old Testament, however, in relation to this issue. Critics of the Bible are quick to point to Numbers 31 (and other similar passages) in which the Israelites were allowed to take female captives from nations they conquered. Critics make the accusation that this is an example of the Bible condoning, or even promoting, rape. However, the passage says nothing about raping the captive women. It is wrong to assume that the captive women were to be raped. Again, Deuteronomy 22:25-27 condemns rape, even advocating the death penalty for perpetrators of rape. In the Numbers 31 passage the soldiers were commanded to purify themselves and their captives (verse 19). Rape would have violated this command (see Leviticus 15:16-18). The women who were taken captive are never referred to as sexual objects. Did the captive women likely eventually marry amongst the Israelites? Yes. Is there any indication that rape or sex slavery was forced upon the women? Absolutely not.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-rape.html#ixzz34Gh15l5i

Best Answer