There are millions of people in the world and we can create new relationships and marry any one of those people in our lifetime. But is it possible to be happy with just marrying someone that you feel comfortable and happy marrying, or will it simply not be enough if you can't marry the only person you feel you've ever really loved??
misternobrain misternobrain 22-25, M 16 Answers Sep 2, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

i would not wait. if it were me i would tell her how you feel a thousand times if you have to. if she don't responds negatively do your own thing a while and come back and try again. do this over and over as many times as it takes.

Best Answer

Sometimes we have to marry someone else, who necessary is not the one you really love and compatible with. Because there are so many barrier in sustaining the relationship. I won't say that it is you or the other partner that is not strong enough to resist any obstacles. It's just that there are things that cannot be, even if both of you love each other. Let her go. But don't resent either. If she has to go, then set her free. All the happy and sad time will always be a memory. In her heart, she will never forget you even though she is married. But you can't love yourself less either, you still need to find another that is worth fighting for after her. It's hard, very hard to go through, but stay strong. Stay very strong. Your love for her will never end, and so is she, but both of you has a reason to continue the life each of you choose. If it is to be with someone other than her, then let fate takes you.

Best Answer

No cos.. really.... I will be resentful with my partner and maybe stray.... and look for "better"... When I do love someone totally... I will dedicate myself to that persona and try to be the best partner guy/gal I can be for my partner. I guess i still have old fashioned romantic notions...

Best Answer

Nope you would be settling & later on become resentful that you did so.

Best Answer

For a little while, I did that...now...well let's just say I won't do it again. I'm not settling for less anymore! I will wait until the day I die for the one I really love!

Best Answer

Probably, but I don't settle. That's for my own sake, although I also think it's unfair to the person you settle for.

Best Answer

yeah you're right

Best Answer

Don't do that. Its not fair to the person you're marrying.

Best Answer

I don't know, I guess it's all about your mindset.. Plus things happen for a reason.

Best Answer

I have to marry the one I love. :-)

Best Answer

Darn good question! Going through the same thing myself but being that I'm in my 50s I can say I've had the same question a couple of times. There are two people I've really loved. One died a couple of years ago. She asked me to marry her but we couldn't get around to it. The other is my HS love and she recently got divorced. She asked me to move out and in with her and it even sounded like she would be open to marriage. Problem is I'm engaged to someone else now. And I have kids, houses, job, etc...<br />
Dropping everything and moving away to be with her would be very romantic but would be a tragedy for quite a few others and likely for myself in the long run. For some things there are no easy answers.

Best Answer