I try to kindly rebuke someone if I feel they are wrong. When it comes to someone telling a hellatious lie, I have no idea what to do other than possibly saying "you're a liar". (I also have a hard time speaking up and feel as if no one listens when I do.)
Yohanna Yohanna 36-40, F 13 Answers Feb 23, 2010

CAll them on it! But beware..some people always have proof to avoid any confusions...

Best Answer

I know a girl who's constantly telling stories that are lies, getting more and more outlandish as the story goes on in her search for reaction from me. I absolutely love it. I feel like I'm seeing her vulnerable side when I know she's lying. I never expose them.

Best Answer

That completely depends on the person you catch. Is it a friend? A foe? Most people, when catching someone in a lie, simply makes a mental note and never trusts that person again. If it is a friend, you should call them out. It is much easier to defoul your reputation than to build it. One lie can destroy months of work.

Best Answer

Nope, I normally let them think they have got away with it, I just never trust what they say again.

Best Answer

I work with someone who is a big story teller/exaggerator. We all let it slide in order to keep the peace and not give her the drama she wants. But we know there's a lot of BS coming from this person.

Best Answer

I certainly do say something! "Get out, stay out, and never come back". Lies should never be tolerated. Because, the second time, is your fault.

Best Answer

Hold them accountable to it and don't back down. You should have no fear to defend what is right and good, it is for the principle of it. They will listen if you tell them why it is wrong, even if they already know, because when they hear in detail (their actions), it shows them the ugliness of it all and things change.

Best Answer

I don't know until I'm there. I tell you what though, I won't let it go and chances are I'll end up belittling them so bad that I'll actually feel guilty later on.

I hate liars and no I'm not forgetting the ones that "only exaggerate".

Best Answer

If it is a little lie I usually don't say or do anything about it. But if it is a huge lie they are trying to feed me I let them know I know they are lying and that I don't believe a word of it. And if they try and involve me in their lie I tell them to leave me out of it. I don't lie myself and don't appreciate being involved in someone elses lie.

Best Answer

Depends a lot on who it is. But I seldom call someone up on something just for strict honesty's sake.

There are always those little lies that people tell when they are embarrassed about something, paying a compliment, exaggerating a story, etc.

I think the issue for me is the intention of the person telling the lie. If I can tell it is malicious, odds are I will call him/her on it. If it is a friend, I will try to find why he/she lied. If it still seems malicious, odds are the friendship will end or at least go into serious probation. I don't need "friends" that I can't trust.

Best Answer

depends on whether the lie affects anything important. like if a friend says, "susie, i like your dress" i'm not going to say, "what? you said you hated it!"

Best Answer