justicia justicia 36-40, F 17 Answers Oct 31, 2009

legalize prostitution and I would legalize abortion. At least that way, in both cases, these people could get medical treatment and they could be safe. Instead of being forced to hide in the shadows and keep their lives and health a complete secret.

Best Answer

marijuana & abortion =P

Best Answer

The gun laws in California.......I mean the cops do not HAVE to protect you.....But you are prevented from protecting yourself.....

Best Answer

Dito buddhaslight although my personal views on abortion conflict with the legality and choice.

Best Answer

BCGirl, I think our entire legal system needs to realize that people make choices. If you choose to be a criminal, you are rolling the dice. If they don't go your way they don't go your way.<br />
OK, if we're talking about an existing law, I would repeal the already-illegal income tax.<br />
If I can make a new law, I would require all (individual) taxes to be paid in cash to another human being. No withholding, no checks. Paper money. If people realized how much of their hard-earned money they give those bastards there would be hell to pay.

Best Answer

I don't know that there are a lot of laws that I woud change. I see that the public in general has a hard time following the laws that are already in place. (Look at the news and all the prisons in the USA) If everyone had it their way, which it almost is anyway, it would be a lawless world with everyone doing whatever they wanted to regardless of how it affects anyone else. Just look at all the crime all over the world. It is sad.

Best Answer

I'd change laws to allow gay marriage and gay adoption (and single-parents adoption too, after all, it's not having a partner that makes you a good parent!). Marriage licenses are not based on religion (although you can get married both ways at the same time which may confuse that issue), and gayness is not taught (if it was, then everyone would be straight, since they had straight parents, straight teachers, straight siblings, etc etc)<br />
And I would change the laws to make it so there were protections for people who are genderqueer, or trans. Trans is a birth defect, so they shouldn't be punished for seeking changes which make them normal productive citizens. Cleft palate are not punished, because they start out "ugly". Same with "club foot" or several other birth defects which change your appearance to correct. Trans is much the same, the only difference is they don't "look ugly" before they get things corrected and treated. But not all medical problems are visible to the naked eye. Trans also impairs their ability to function, so it goes beyond just appearances. The suicide and self destruction rate is high before treatment, and very low after treatment. So if it can be fixed, it is medical, and they want to do it and become normal functioning citizens. Then the laws ought to make it possible, handle it responsibly, and protect them against discrimination. It's a form of intersexed and the changes made to their appearance are to correct things to match their actual gender. Appearances aren't everything, but they do matter. <br />
Genderqueer is just a case where people express themselves in less stereotypical ways, and I think that's healthy. We're afraid of gender, and always fighting about it...maybe that's because we feel hemmed in by too many unimportant rules. So what if a girl is butch? So what if a guy is femme? What does it matter if she likes to work out, or prefers cars over dolls, or likes her hair short? does that really mean anything? Just one more type of girl...what's the big deal? There is none, and they shouldn't be attacked or thrown out of jobs or homes for it. Live and let live. It hurts no one.

Best Answer