I would choose Spanish, Latin (yes, yes dead language and all), Hoch Deutsch, Polish and Chinese (not sure which dialect!) Ok, I'd REALLY like to know all of them; what I need is one of those little babel fish in my ear ........ **** update, I need WAAAAAAY more than 5 now, so many good answers! Thill be tough to choose BA for!!!!!!!!******
PeaceJourney PeaceJourney 46-50, F 28 Answers May 28, 2012

German, Japanese, Spanish, Arabic, French.

I already speak french though :P

Best Answer

Pick one more then :-)

Best Answer

Sanskrit

Best Answer

Oh! Love it!

Best Answer

Polish, English, Russian, German, Japanese. You have to know the languages of your enemy.

Best Answer

LOL correct!

Best Answer

You have Polish enemies?

Best Answer

no that is primary language. the other three russian germany and japan were enemies during war. And english is a unversal language

Best Answer

Hoping to travel to Poland someday and meet the relatives.

Best Answer

Ancient Greek, Olde English, Latin, Norse and Aztec, so I could communicate with all my friends. :)

Best Answer

Great, GREAT list!!!!!

Best Answer

English,Spanish,German,Italian,and French.

Best Answer

What do speak now? If English you can pick another.

Best Answer

I am fluent in English but I also know burritos,tacos,salsa & chippies,enchiladas,mulitas,carne asada and tortillas.

Best Answer

*snort* thanks for the chuckle!

Best Answer

Arabic , Mandarin , Russian , Gaelic , Spanish

Best Answer

Gaelic, nice!

Best Answer

German, Russian, Arabic, hieroglyphs

Best Answer

Arabic! That would be great, and Reading hieroglyphs would be Tremendous!

Best Answer

I can teach you the Arabic :))

Best Answer

Have heard that is really challenging, I took 2 weeks of a 6 credit course in Japanese in college, it kicked my a$s! Had to drop it. Still feel bad about it? But I took 5 years of German and Spanish. I love the melody and cadence of languages. I think if I could have one "magic" skill other than being able to change the molecular structure of things it would be to understand and speak/read any language.

Best Answer

1 year of Spanish. Wonderful language.

Best Answer

Turkish, Spanish, Arabic, French and Japanese - which I can speak alright, but definitely not fluently. Good question :)

Best Answer

Turkish, very nice. And I am going to add Arabic to my list. 5 just isn't enough!

Best Answer

German (currently my major and favorite of all languages I've heard or studied)

Russian (My minor)

Icelandic (I wish my school had this or any scandinavian languages for that matter)

Old English

Old Norse

(Notice primary interest in anything remotely Germanic :) )

Best Answer

What a great list! yes, I see the connection, I took a linguistics course eons ago and was fascinated by the structure and evolution of language. I need to live to 150 just to study 1/2 of the things I want to learn about.

Best Answer

Do you mean apart from English ?

If so, then French, Spanish, Italian, Indonesian and Japanese or Mandarin (can't decide between Japanese or Mandarin).

Best Answer

Yeas apart from English if that's your native language. The Mandarin/Japanese choice is a tough one! 2 weeks of Japanese in college kicked my bahookey, just love all the languages!

Best Answer

Spanish, French, Russian, German & VietNamese

Best Answer

First vote for Vietnamese :-) Why that?

Best Answer

I had a few friends in school from Viet Nam & they had a hard time learning English & we finally learned to communicate with each other & that always stuck with me for some reason. I absolutely loved those girls & I imagine all the interesting things we could have really talked about had I been able to speak their language.

Best Answer

I'm learning Latin but not yet fluent so that's number one on the list.

The other four would be:

Russian, Italian, Japanese and Scottish Gaelic.

I would want to be fluent in more than five though.

Best Answer

Really interesting list!

Best Answer

I'd like to improve my English!

Best Answer

After that, anything else?

Best Answer

Studied French in college. Wish I could be fluent in that. Spanish, of course, especially since I'm thinking of moving to Miami. German. Italian. Portuguese, because I'f love to visit Brazil!

Best Answer

I like your list, Portugese, first one so far :-)

Best Answer

US English, UK English, Aussie English, Canadian English and Irish

Best Answer

Well Done~

Best Answer

Thank you. I think it would be fun to know all the right slang and inferences of a supposed common language.

Best Answer

And if you happened to be a comedian by profession imagine the jokes you could tell!!

Best Answer

Spanish, German, Mandarin, Italian, French.

Best Answer

Good list!

Best Answer

Welsh, Italian, Spanish, Sanskrit, Hindi

Best Answer

Sanskrit, Hindi.... Like it!

Best Answer

French, Russian, Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin) and English 'cause I'm Norwegian.

Best Answer

English? If you can use " 'cause' " properly I think you've a pretty good handle on it!

Best Answer

Mother tongue Arabic - English, French, Hebrew and Spanish.

Best Answer

You get to choose one more... Would love to know Arabic. Would love to know them all.

Best Answer

german, madrin,italian, portugese

Best Answer

You have one more!

Best Answer

and french

Best Answer

I'd love to speak French, travel there and Attend a cooking school. Purely for the experience, don't want to be a chef, just love he concept of creating wonderful food that's peaks to the soul.

Best Answer

French, Spanish, Mandarin, Russian, German

Best Answer

Great list.

Best Answer

Be fun to travel with all those under your belt.

Best Answer

Not much of a traveler myself--but I'm a reader and would love to read in those languages.

Best Answer

I agree! Hence the Latin on my list. Ancient Greek would be cool, I cold go on. 100 wouldn't be enough for me ;-)

Best Answer