Anything by William Shakespear...
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 16 Answers Oct 26, 2012 in Books

Atlas Shrugged

Best Answer

Elements of Style

Best Answer

'Living In Truth' (a collection of letters and essays) by Vaclav Havel. Every kid needs to learn about communism and this book explains it really well.

Best Answer

Animal Farm.

Best Answer

The Art of War.

Best Answer

All the Terry Pratchett books

Best Answer

the bible

Best Answer

Another Great Answer!!

Best Answer

"Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn.

Best Answer

I don't actually think they should be forced to READ Shakespeare, I think that's what puts so many kids off it. Watching and/or performing it is much more immersive, and afterwards you can use the texts to go back over it and analyse it.<br />
There's a wonderful book called Flat Earth News, I forget the author, which gives you a whole new perspective on what motivates media sources and how to second guess what you see on the news. Stuff which is also applicable to politics, education, history, pretty much anything involving the analysis of information sources.

Best Answer

"The Rape of the A*P*E" I forget who wrote it but the initials are for the American Puritan Ethic and is a history of the sexual revolution. If enough teens read it, they might not drift into sex as easily. [:{)

Best Answer

Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison

Best Answer

"Mockingbird", by Kathryn Erskine.

Best Answer