yulico yulico 13-15, F 19 Answers Dec 25, 2012 in Hobbies

The ability to be truly happy is a kind of intelligence.

Best Answer

Ignorance is bliss, but I'd rather be intelligent.

Best Answer

intelligent to make happiness

Best Answer

Hello Ms. yulico

I was about to refuse to answer your question, until I read your age group. Okay, NOW I understand. I suspect that "happy" (to you in a school- or social situation) means "popular"; whereas "intelligent" (in the same school- or social situation) means "nerdy .. or at least unpopular, therefore, not happy).

In this scenario, I would answer "intelligent", because popularity is only temporary, whereas intelligence is "forever"!!! And being a relatively intelligent person, already, I know my intelligence has brought me years of keen insight and pleasure that I don't think that only "popular" persons would have the capacity to enjoy.

Cheers,

AnonymousButCandid

Best Answer

no you dont understand. you are patronising and making assumptions about my intelligence and social awareness. You have no evidence other than my age group. I do not confuse happiness with popularity nor intelligence with unpopularity.
You clearly consider yourself intelligent - i dont assume this you state it - so why do you indulge yourself with baseless interpretation, other than to try to show how intelligent you are and thus proving the opposite.

Best Answer

Hey, no problem. based on your reply about patronizing, I shall restate what I had originally written: Happiness and intelligence are as meaningless to compares as apples and oranges ... no, rather ... apples and mice. .... On the basis of this I shall not even consider answering your question, which has zero meaning whatsoever. ... Cheers, AnonymousButCandid

Best Answer

i see why your first decision was not to use this incoherent response. You should have stayed with it. The question called for no comparison between the two, just a simple choice. And, having considered you answer, you go on to state that you wont even consider answering. Please explain meaning of that! Or is it that having been found patronising, you now want to try bullying?

Best Answer

I refuse to talk to you any more on this subject. It sounds as though you are looking for a fight, of which I will not indulge you. As a person who has over 50 best answers during his very first month in EP, I am neither patronizing, nor a bully. You may have the last word in this thread, because I shall never respond to any of your questions again. Cheers, AnonymousButCandid

Best Answer

I would rather be intelligent, because I aspire to be of service to the future of humanity. What purpose would I serve in that regard if I could not adequately fathom, assess, and address the difficulties we face in life? I think this is what would lead to ultimate fulfillment for me. Looking back on my life, I think that intelligence has better served my progression and fulfillment than happiness has.

Best Answer

Happy. Intelligent people are more likely to suffer mental illness, and there are plenty of people who are neither intelligent nor happy; intelligence is not widely prized in this world of worlds anyway (sure doesn't pay like famous actors or successful sports figures). But happiness is generally a fleeting thing and wildly dependent on circumstances which fluctuate regularly in a life that is being truly lived, so if I really had to choose, I would choose a sense of well-being and contentment.

Best Answer

Happy, u can always learn things through ur life but if u arent happy what have u got

Best Answer

Happy! If you're not happy then nothing matters :)

Best Answer

I'd rather be content .. and that would mean I'm happy about my level of intelligence.

Best Answer

read the question that's not an option!

Best Answer

Sure it is ... it's called "poetic license"

Best Answer

ha ha ha then give me your answer in verse LOL

Best Answer

To be happy or not to be ... that is the question. lol

Best Answer

OK with intelligence like this how can you be so happy!! LOL

Best Answer

Slap happy ... lol

Best Answer

ok but just dont slap me lol

Best Answer

Happy...sometimes knowing too much is why we are upset and agitated in the first place.

Best Answer

a happy answer - with an intelligent reason.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

Who says I'm not both?

Best Answer

I did read it, and choosing not to be confined by those parameters, answered differently!

Best Answer

you do!

Best Answer

so go find another question to answer! ignoring the question is not intelligent its arrogant

Best Answer

Just because someone does not answer the question in a way you expect does not make the person (or answer) arrogant (and I make no claims on it being intelligent, either).

Best Answer

The question was specifically framed to elicit a choice between (a) happy and (b) intelligent. Any other response is not an answer to this question. So it is not a matter of expectation. You chose to ignore the question and place a random question, clearly rhetorical and implying that you are both happy and intelligent. I can find no other explanation for this than an arrogance or your part and an assumption that anybody cares what you think about yourself. If you have another explanation, please inform me.

Best Answer

It is a matter of expectation, when you quite obtusely seem to think that every answer is going to garner a response that is directly relevant to the question provided (you clearly have never seen a political debate; they never answer the question given). Since you seem deadset on pushing this issue, you obviously have missed the implied humor and have taken this forum far too seriously.

Best Answer

sorry but i think you are one missing joke - next time i pick on someone my own size LOL

Best Answer

I am one missing joke? Is our grammar failing us now?

Best Answer

sorry english not my language so attack my grammar! Do you really want me to take apart your argument or do you want to continue to try to bully me? OK lets go back to your further assumption "(you clearly have never seen a political debate; they never answer the question given)" - my Papa is politician and i have sen many political debates, i have taken part in many with is friends , colleagues. Also i study politics. So there is nothing "clear" about your assumption. It is also false for you to state that "they never answer the question given". I am sure that there are many examples of politicians answering the question given. You build this branch of your argument on an assumption that is false and an exaggeration. If you want me to go back and find other instances of your incoherent thinking i will do so. Otherwise just attack my grammar maybe you find some spelling mistake! Do you really think thats worthy of you?

Best Answer

Bully? Someone's a bit sensitive, especially for someone who attacks a non-serious answer in a serious manner.

Best Answer

Whose the sensitive one here? Each time i dismantle your argument you shift your ground and attack on another front. Why not accept defeat gracefully and withdraw?
BTW are you having as much fun with this as i am?

Best Answer

Everyone knows the best generals attack from multiple fronts. You think you've defeated my, but actually my attack was flanked, and now you are surrounded!
Heh, kind of!

Best Answer

so whose that behind you with the big axe? It looks just like me lol

Best Answer

Ah, but that is not actually me, just a mannequin! I'm actually behind you!

Best Answer

ooops!

Best Answer

Intelligent

Best Answer

the first intelligent answer!!

Best Answer

to be frank i would rather be happy than to be intelligent.... whats the essence of being intelligent when you not at peace with your self it will lead to frustration...

Best Answer

Happy. Intelligence is highly over rated. It often isn't even beneficial.

Best Answer

Happy. Already have the intelligent.

Best Answer

another who hasnt read the question! or maybe just doesnt understand the meaning of choice?

Best Answer

I'd choose Intelligent. Already have happy.

Best Answer

Choosing one doesn't necessarily exclude the idea that the other is already possessed. You should've been more specific: 'If you could only have one, would you rather be happy or have intelligence?'

Best Answer

intelligent

Best Answer

another intelligent answer!

Best Answer

intelligent

Best Answer

another intelligent answer

Best Answer

Seems like I already made that choice for myself...

I've asked myself the question for a very long time if I should regret the choice I made! Because I was unhappy for quite a while.... But today I'm glad to report that both are possible and not mutually exclusive!

So I would make the same choice, and choose intelligence! A much better way to enjoy the gift that life is to it's fullest!

Best Answer