Are you able to disagree in a friendly and logical way or do you just give your opinion without any back up argument or reason? Which sounds more convincing? An aggressive statement or a friendly opinion with a logical explanation and reason?
Janife Janife 51-55, F 14 Answers Nov 3, 2012 in Struggles

Like most things in life, it depends. If there is an adverse consequence to losing the argument, then be aggressive. Examples include going to court to seek justice for harm that you were caused and knowing you are right.

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer. Aggressive to a certain degree but not so as to offend anyone. I think if you are in court you need to give your opinion and reason in a clear, firm and logical way. Aggression could cause the opposite affect of what you want to achieve. Hope you always get justice that you deserve.

Best Answer

No we just agree to disagree and change the subject. I never win an argument anyway.

Best Answer

Good idea, thanks for your answer.

Best Answer

This is funny. As you were writing this question, I was writing this story <a href="http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Dont-Leave-Negative-Responses-To-Peoples-Stories/2693878" target="ep_blank">EP Link</a><br />
A little bit of a psychic link here, you think? We were thinking along the same lines at the same time. I find that interesting.

Best Answer

I am going to look at your story. I have read your story and commented on it. It would be a great answer to this question.

Best Answer

I don't get aggressive. I don't think I've ever even been in an argument. I will "debate" pretty passionately though. It depends on the person, but if it's over opinion/taste then neither style is likely to convince.

Best Answer

Thanks for your anser. Yes, everyone is entitled to have their opinions and tastes.

Best Answer

I don't get aggressive at all. When others get aggressive with me I never fight back. I used to and that never settles anything. So now I will just ignore them. If it is on EP and they are known for bad behavior I will just click the block button. Then the matter is settled for me.

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer. Yes, just click them away if you don't like their behaviour.

Best Answer

usually I try to disagree in a logical way. Without backup arguments it is hard to have an intelligent debate. However, when I know they are wrong (and dont have a clue about a topic) that is when I get heated about it. Know your stuff before you fight ;)

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer. I don't like arguments with people who don't back up what they say. I greatly agree with you about know your stuff before you fight. Only argue if you know you are right. (Sometimes even then people don't see the truth and have their fixed opinion which is pure fantasy in their mind. Some people only believe what they want to believe.

Best Answer

No I don't get aggresive I don't think that works. A friendly opinion with an explanation or reason works much better and is more inclined to get results.

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer. You are quite right. Aggression doesn't work and a friendly opinion gets more results and sounds more convincing.

Best Answer

No and I'll thump anyone that says different

Best Answer

Thanks for making me laugh. Nice answer.

Best Answer

Thanks lol :-)

Best Answer

I get more heated than I should with some things, most specifically women who are sexist against other women (it truly truly bothers me) but I try not to start aggressive. It's definitely something I have to consciously work at though- my natural inclination is to argue with facts but also occasionally to shoot down opinions I find truly distasteful or ridiculous. I know that I should be civilized in my approach all the time, but I'm still a work in progress sometimes

Best Answer

off course a friendly opinion with a logical explanation and reason<br />
is better but yeah there are things of which i would be having no reasons or i m nt wanting to give reasons for tht bcz to believe in them without looking fro reasons would be going truely with definition of faith and also tht reason is a kind of option there are realities tht are beyond logic and reason of human being and they will beautifully felt by letting reason stay at back for some time...reason leads to this path but itself stays at certain point and after tht there is matter of heart not of mind...i would give beautiful example of miraj shreef by prophet peace be upon him...but surely i would nt loike to be aggressive over it with someone for his reasons or standards!blessings...sunshines!

Best Answer

I can be aggressive but a good argument or another position that is well thought out and expressed (with vigorous debate or gentle conversation) I can respect and in some cases (admittedly, very few) can actually change my position on a subject.

Best Answer

I usually don't get aggressive unless they insult me/my opinion without reason. Even then, I try to back whatever I say up.

Best Answer

No but I'm sleepy and I'm mad cuz this nigga keeps asking for help

Best Answer