AlexaW AlexaW 51-55, F 61 Answers Jan 28, 2013 in Marriage

well I have an answer to both questions as I have been widowed and then re married. First of all death and divorce are not even the same ( unless your so un happy in your marriage that death would not matter). I have also been in that situation!

First marriage very happy and we were together 32 happy years, he passed away. I re married 3 years 9 months later. This man turned out to be a huge fake... I filed for divorce .. well he was not going to accept this and stalked me for 2 years and refused to show up in court... he passed away during the divorce.. so now widowed again. I moved on quickly from the second marriage .. dating a man now (for two years) who is also widowed... he moved on very quick when his wife passed. He wants to get married .. I will Never get married again! I have told him this... some how I know he thinks I will eventually change my mind... I can tell this will eventually be a deal breaker for him. So for now just taking it one day at a time.. and if he leaves cuz I don't marry him, well thats ok! I have learned how to be alone and know that I am ok alone. I wish I knew how to be alone before I married the second one! My advice is Learn how to be alone before you date... loneliness makes us vulnerable ! after all we must learn to be happy alone before we can be happy with some one else! I say the best answer is to learn to be alone before you start dating after death or divorce!

Best Answer

I wouldn't be able to say, it would just depend on when, and if I met someone

I wanted to marry again. I wouldn't be in a hurry, and I hope I wouldn't drag my

feet about it if that person did come along.

Best Answer

I have been married for so long that I would want some down time before i decided.

Best Answer

Is the body cold ?

Best Answer

I would rather be dragged naked across a 10 mile long bed of nails slowly than get married again. or a bed of coals or sandpaper or hot pokers or drain flow or ALL of them...!!!

Best Answer

That would be short and painful rather than long some what painful.For me if Icould I would like to have a little fun for a while.

Best Answer

My soul mate died 5 years ago I look at it at as a love of a lifetime ,I would be extremely blessed to meet a second soul mate

Best Answer

Soul mates are hard to find. I feel finding one for myself wouldn't happen.

Best Answer

yes they are ,but when you do it will rock your world and you will understand

Best Answer

I don't think i found that in my hubby. My parents were hard to live with and i just wanted to get to a better place when i married at the age of 21.

Best Answer

about thirty minutes....rent-don't buy......

Best Answer

How about spending time and not marry.

Best Answer

I don't think that I would ever marry again.

Best Answer

I would hard put to marry again myself. However dating sounds great.

Best Answer

not long. i am desirable, but careful. i want a lifetime. willing to wait and to explore if this is the one. then wonderful.

Best Answer

A good one or just a new spouse? The neighbor guy would marry me but I want the money up front.

Best Answer

Yes some one that at least can support them self and not take yours would be important.

Best Answer

Not in this neighborhood.

Best Answer

I know everyone wants some form of companionship, but I'm not sure I would even look! I would enjoy my life and if along the way that someone knocks on my heart's door, so be it! :)

Best Answer

As long as it took for my heart to hold together again and for someone to prove they loved me.

Best Answer

..I'm not sure theres a set time..depends on how strong the person is and how independant they become..I've been divorced 1yr..and now I'm starting to like being single more then being married....theres just alot of things I want to accomplish before I go...being alone is not so bad....

Best Answer

I've been divorced 2 years.. so at least 2 years. But I can't say I'm looking for another spouse.

Best Answer

It's been 7 years since my husband passed away and I'm celibate and single still.

Best Answer

NOT!

Best Answer

It's taken me almost 8 months to even start dating again

Best Answer

This is easy...I have been with my husband for 25 years, we were high school sweethearts and best friends. He has recently been diagnosed with a rare and deadly form of blood cancer and it has really made me pounder what would be next should he pass. My answer is never, should he die I never want to remarry or even date for that matter. I have already had so much joy and hapiness with him that is all I will ever need.

Best Answer

With how I feel right now I would be dating someone within a week or so. And I been married for a while. I was cheated on.,already know a few good candidates.

Best Answer

I have a hard time being alone. Dating very soon would be the way I would go. I would enjoy meeting many people in a fun kinda way.

Best Answer

Probably never find one, as I am an ugly old git.

Best Answer

I have been surprised how many physically debilitated and very heavy people make life long attachments.

Best Answer

ASAP.

Best Answer