Non-creative people score highest on abasement, affiliation, and deference (socialization); their goal was to meet the standard of the group. They tend to be non-braggers.
flipper1966 flipper1966 56-60, M 6 Answers Dec 22, 2013 in Doing Good

the key is to be good enough that other people will do the bragging for you

Best Answer

What's wrong with bragging about yourself. Who would have bragged about Van Gogh. Wasn't Van Gogh "good enough?"

Best Answer

He was good enough but not really appreciated in his time

Best Answer

"If I don't speak for myself, who will speak for me?" -- What Van Gogh Should Have Said

Best Answer

he had problems any way

Best Answer

I don't need to gloat or boost myself up to gain others' respect. I'm not looking for admiration or to be a role model to anyone. I know what my talents and skills are, but I prefer to keep them mainly to myself and share them only with those who can appreciate them.

Best Answer

That's the whole thing. The need to get other people's respect. You're too caught up in what other people think. I'm myself. I'm a creative person. I'm free to say I'm talented and I don't care if it bothers people or not. That's the mindset of the creative individualist. As Walt Whitman said, "I celebrate myself, and sing myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.

I loafe and invite my soul,
I lean and loafe at my ease observing a spear of summer grass.

My tongue, every atom of my blood, form’d from this soil, this air,
Born here of parents born here from parents the same, and their parents the same,
I, now thirty-seven years old in perfect health begin,
Hoping to cease not till death.

Creeds and schools in abeyance,
Retiring back a while sufficed at what they are, but never forgotten,
I harbor for good or bad, I permit to speak at every hazard,
Nature without check with original energy." --------------- Are you saying Walt Whitman was wrong to celebrate himself?

Best Answer

no, I don't think it's selfish to love who you are, to celebrate who you are; I just don't think it's necessary to do anything to seek anyone else's approval.

Best Answer

Exactly.

Best Answer

don't get me started.......got one of those in my house right now....thoughts of sugar plum fairies & homicide dancin thru my head

Best Answer

A creative person? Or a bragger?

Best Answer

BraggArt

Best Answer

Meh. I don't care enough to change that in me.

Best Answer