What do you do to fill that need?
BloodyMary82 BloodyMary82 26-30, F 10 Answers May 21, 2013 in Community

Yep. The Youth Centre I work at. It's impossible to be glum in that place when you're looning around with kids!

Best Answer

What do you do there with the kids?

Best Answer

I volunteer as a Youth Worker, so we play games, talk about their problems, give them a place where they can feel happy and safe.

Best Answer

That's cool. Are these at-risk youth or can any kid come hang out?

Best Answer

Both. I work at two centres. One that is mainly all kids and the other is for at-risk kids. It's quite the contrast!

Best Answer

That's great your town has those preventive services for kids. I don't think we have that here for just any kid.

Best Answer

We actually have a lot of provisions for kids at the moment, including detached workers that go out and speak to the kids hanging out, which they seem to really appreciate.

Best Answer

I'm a board member of a major secular charitable organisation. I'm an atheist so wouldn't want to go to a church but I do believe in building strong community spirit, just without the fairytales.

Best Answer

Cool.

Best Answer

Is that like the United Way or Rotary Club or something?

Best Answer

Lions Club.

Best Answer

Cool! So what was your group's latest project?

Best Answer

We have put $40k towards the building of a BBQ and picnic area in a local park. This financial year (here in Australia financial year is from Jul-Jun) we've disbursed over $40k in donations. We organise a family festival and Jazz festival in our town as well. Plus plenty of little things helping people in need around town. I really enjoy it even though I'm just about the youngest member. Only 42!

Best Answer

Ah! That is so fantastic! How does it feel to be part of something so vital?

Best Answer

It's great. I live in a relatively small town so community is very important.

Best Answer

I don't need church or to go anywhere , just need to be with my children at home playing with them if we go out we go out if not then fine.

Best Answer

I don't need to go some place to feel good about myself, <br />
I've only been depressed once in my life, and I can't stay sad for more than 2-3 hours..after 2-3 hours, I simply refuse to be sad..weird, I know, but I say to myself, screw this, I'm not gonna be sad. And it works! Master of my domain.

Best Answer

Cool

Best Answer

Working with kids fulfills that for me. <br />
I like sport too. It gives me a natural lift.<br />
This is a good question :)

Best Answer

Thanks. I feel the need to do something good to just give and be fulfilled, and when I wasn't going to church I kept trying to think of ways to fill that void so it's great to hear all of these good ideas of things I can do if I ever stop going or if I have extra energy.

Best Answer

I feel good inside without the need to go to church. Churches are full of hypocrites anyway who think that by going to church on a Sunday they can be arseholes the rest of the week and it will all be OK

Best Answer

Ok, but not every one is like that, some are really good people.

Best Answer

yea i go round my nrighbours house on weekends and join in the ****

Best Answer

No, you're just being silly.

Best Answer

a place with random music ...and a drink maybe some pool a bar works ...if i dont drink to much

Best Answer

Ah, cool, so you relax and de-stress there?

Best Answer

yea i got for the pool table ...it helps me relax

Best Answer